Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Front seat

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:28 AM
  • 37 Replies
So trivial, but....

My two boys are finally fighting over the front seat. Younger always let his brother have it until last night. My husband and I were raised differently. I was taught to take turns, dh oldest always sat in front.

How do you handle it to ease the disagreements?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
friendlymom5
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Oldest gets it in our house.
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:50 AM
Mine take turns.
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:11 AM

If there is no fighting I don't handle it, however if there is fighing then they can take turns.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:39 AM
My oldest did most of the time but youngest is so tiny it as better for her to be in the back. She never cared. She is only 92 lbs and will be 19 soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Whomever is over 12 years old or they take turns. If they fight then they both sit in the back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:09 AM

The oldest usually sits in the front but a lot of the time they both sit in the back.  Once right after we "blended" our families DH got a bee in his bonnett about his DD always having to sit in the back b/c my DD was older.  The girls didn't have a problem with it so we just let it slide.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:33 AM

This.

Right now I only have one that is old enough to sit up front, my dd. The boys have a few years before they will be able to sit up there.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Whomever is over 12 years old or they take turns. If they fight then they both sit in the back.

robyann
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:46 AM

My kids are all older now, my youngest is 17 years old. So I don't have this issue any longer, lol. When mine were all at home, the oldest always got front. Not sure if that was the best solution, because my first two kids were 18 months apart so the 2nd child never really go to ride up front.

If I had it to do over again, I'd say everyone over 12 takes turns, but then you always have to remember whose turn it is, lol.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:54 AM

One get's it into our destination and then the other get's it on the way home. If they don't like that they can both ride in the back.

umm.yeah
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:18 AM

We alternate days - DS sits up front on odd number days and DD gets it on even days. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)