Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens
So trivial, but....

My two boys are finally fighting over the front seat. Younger always let his brother have it until last night. My husband and I were raised differently. I was taught to take turns, dh oldest always sat in front.

How do you handle it to ease the disagreements?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:42 PM

My Ds is 5 years older, 6'3 and my DD is barely 5'0 if that DS needs the legroom in front seat, so no argument, she let him have it.

Momsalawyer
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Mine didn't do this particular fight, the oldest seems to sit there unless he's not with us.  I think it's like anything else they both want, take turns.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Well, since I only have 2 boys and won't be having any more, I try to make them take turns. If I say the oldest always got it, it wouldn't be fair to the younger one since he will never get to be the oldest.
Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Yep.... us, too. 

Each stop, someone else gets the front.

Quoting fammatthews4:

Mine take turns.

02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Let them work it out if they can't they both get in the back and you enjoy the front alone

DarlaHood
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:15 AM

My kids are 9 years apart.  So by the time one got old enough to ride in the front seat, the other one was driving.  So we never really had that issue.

themomof3boys
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:29 AM
My boys take turns when we are going somewhere without dad or another adult.
Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I have an only child. I don't remember my siblings and I fighting over this when I was a kid.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Take turns.  

21lisa72
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:14 PM
I only have one child so I don't have the issue. I would make them take turns. It's not fair the oldest always gets his way. It may give the youngest a complex or make him feel as if he is second placed. We grew up 3 sisters we took turns with everything and I was alot older than the two!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)