Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

13th Birthday Suggestions for DD -- want to make it memorable

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone, my sweet DD will be turning 13 next month.  I am seeking some suggestions on how my DH and I can make it memorable for her.  She has asked if we can take her and a couple friends out to a restaurant that also has a lot of fun things to do.  Other than that, I really don't have any plans for her special day.  

Did any of you do something extra special to celebrate your child's entry into the teen years? I'd love to read about your experiences and any feedback you received from your teen. 

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:46 PM
We took about 7 friends and dd to the movies and dropped them off. Met them after at the ice cream shop next door to have ice cream. 13 Going on 30 came out that week so that is what they saw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiriRose923
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

We took about 7 friends and dd to the movies and dropped them off. Met them after at the ice cream shop next door to have ice cream. 13 Going on 30 came out that week so that is what they saw.

That's fitting that they saw that movie, how cute! :)

sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

im big on giving the gift of an experience.  So I would opt to do a restaurant that she has never been to, that is of a different ethnicity, that is an experience of its own, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN