Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Starting an IN HOME Daycare

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello I'm starting a IN HOME DAY CARE.. My name is Amber  I'm 31dyrs old as you can see from my profile I'm a mother of four. So yes my hands are full with all ages. I've wanted to have my own day care for many years. This is not spam!! I will post pictures as soon as I can.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Do you know the laws that apply to in home daycares in your state?  I took my child to one for a while and she get really hurt there.  I could have sued the pants off of her, and almost did until I realized that if I sued her, she'd lose everything including her house because she wasn't insured like she was supposed to be.  Make sure all your ducks are in a row before you start, all the certifications are done, and to encourage others to your daycare you should offer something most don't, like no tv.

tyfry7496
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:45 PM
I agree. Make sure your home owners insurance won't drop you for having a day care in your home. Make sure you have written policies spelling everything out.

Quoting fantasticfour:

Do you know the laws that apply to in home daycares in your state?  I took my child to one for a while and she get really hurt there.  I could have sued the pants off of her, and almost did until I realized that if I sued her, she'd lose everything including her house because she wasn't insured like she was supposed to be.  Make sure all your ducks are in a row before you start, all the certifications are done, and to encourage others to your daycare you should offer something most don't, like no tv.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I would search for a cm group that meets your needs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Agree with the ladies above, good luck with your business.

Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM

My son is way past the age of needing daycare.

I definitely agree with making sure you follow the local laws to become a certificed or licensed in home provider, and good luck!!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Good Luck!    I had a home daycare for many years.   It is lots of work, but more fun!

MrsBLB
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Good luck!

LOVES67
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Good Luck..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvingtots
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:50 PM
I've had the class you don't have to be licensed to have a day care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN