Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teenage dating

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM
  • 23 Replies

I really dislike this aspect of parenting!

What do your teens do if their date comes over to hang out?  How often? 

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Watch a movie, eat dinner, play a game. Once a week is all they have time for. DD and her BF are both in sports, student council, and band. They go to different schools and only have time for once a week

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Mine aren't dating yet, not outside of school anyways.

askmommy
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Part 2 - do they interact with the family when at the house together, or stick to themselves, or a nice balance of both?

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Mine both got boyfriends senior year or end of senior year. They saw each other on weekends. Weeknights are for homework, sports or school clubs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:14 PM
No one on one. Either a ton of kids over or they stay in public areas. Not until they graduated did they spend one on one time in my home.

Quoting askmommy:

Part 2 - do they interact with the family when at the house together, or stick to themselves, or a nice balance of both?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:19 PM

if the date comes over they work on home work, college apps, watch tv, eat, take the dog for a walk, etc.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD is a freshman is HS and no, only to homecomming and it was with a group of kids.

My Ds started dating his soph year in HS on weekends, he started datinghis current GF (he's now a spoh in college) the fall of his junior year in HS. They are both honors students and athletes, school and sports always came first in HS, now college classes come first. They have been together almost 4 years and are both 20 so I have little to say at this point, they are both responsible adults.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

My DD is a freshman is HS and no, only to homecomming and it was with a group of kids.

My Ds started dating his soph year in HS on weekends, he started datinghis current GF (he's now a spoh in college) the fall of his junior year in HS. They are both honors students and athletes, school and sports always came first in HS, now college classes come first. They have been together almost 4 years and are both 20 so I have little to say at this point, they are both responsible adults.

However, I am REALLY glad it was closely monitored by both sets of parents in HS.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Quoting askmommy:

Up until this first summer home from college..so the first 3 years yes, they were never in my Ds's room or unsupervised in either home, they were with our family. His GF participated in many family activities and vise versa.

Momsalawyer
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I have two teenage boys and a 21 year old daughter.  I can't control what happens at the girlfriends' homes but here the rule is hang out alone if you want but no closed doors.  Mostly the boys end up and the girlfriends' house more than the other way around.  Once my daughter turned 18 and started college she is allowed to have her boyfriend in her room here with door closed but she told me they don't do anything but kiss because it is "way too weird"!  Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)