Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I might be cheap but I'm not broke

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Ida
  • 38 Replies

I went shopping today just to look and found some good deals so I decided to get a few more things for Christmas.  I had some coupons that were 20% off 1 sale item so I paid for each item separate my boys laughed and said well you saved money. 

Would you have paid like I did or would you have just paid all together and how would have your teen reacted.

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleHazey
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I only buy sales...I guess I am cheap!

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I'm cheap also, whatever saves me a few bucks. My kids wouldn't have said anything...they're a lot like me.

Lorena
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:05 PM
I'm cheep too and try to buy sales and with coupons. My teens don't care they wouldn't say anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
andersongirl562
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My teen would have been standing in line with me paying with her own coupon lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:55 PM

sure ,well it might matter if I was in a huge rush or there was a ton of people waiting but just me not needing to beat a deadline I would choose to save the money.My kids wouldn't care.

angela84
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this

The only reason that I have over 20,000 in our savings account, and have no credit card debt, is because I am frugal. If I wasn't, we wouldn't be able to save so much money. We live comfortably and within/under our means. Plain and simple.

JessMomOf9
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM
I only ever buy in the sale or discounted items. I have 10 kids to buy for after all. My kids are all used to it now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suesues
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I would have done the same its like found money better in your pocket rather then the retailer

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I would have done the same thing. My teen would have been right there with me, I've taught her to be a bargain shopper too.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I would have made my sons stand in line with an item and the coupon.   Hey, a savings is a savings!   My sons are used to it.   They know I like a good deal, and they appreciate one, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)