Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Need to learn coupon shopping

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:28 AM
  • 8 Replies
I've heard of how much you can save by coupon shopping. I've tried a few websites and the only one that let's me print out some coupons is coupon.com. However I haven't saved that much. Need tips on how to do this & do it right. I'm from MA; a friend told me to shop in price chopper but I compare the price from Walmart and even doubling the points of the coupon there more expensive :(
What to do and where to go to get the best discounts
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
diane-b
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:34 AM
http://thekrazycouponlady.com

This is a great place to help you....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I've never done "extreme couponing" that can save big bucks. From what I understand it can be very time consuming. I find that I save the most money with coupons at walmart for HBA, pet and household/cleaning items. I've never saved a huge amount at the grocery store with coupons. I save more with buying store/off brands and buying in bulk.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, I am no help.    I cut coupons from the paper sometimes, but I usually forget to take them shpping with me!

talisha32
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I use Facebook.  The first comment is a good one but there are several others.  Try making a list of what you need from the store and the googling a coupon for it.  Coupons.com has a ton and they change a lot.  Redplum and smartsource are 2 others.  I save prob 10% to 25% on average.  It is not alot, but it saves me an extra $15 to $50 bucks I can use else where.  I never pay full price for HBA items.  There are way too many coupons out there for toothpaste and such!  Good luck!!! :)

Firenygirl180
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:36 PM

You have to check the local sales too.  Wal-mart will price match but you need to know it is cheaper elsewhere.  Also you have to look at how much the store brand items cost versus the name brand items even with a coupon.  I get some coupons in the mail and I just hang onto them until something we need is on sale then I use the coupon.  If it isn't on sale then I just don't buy it. 

MrsBLB
by Missi on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Good luck!

Jeb285
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Lol!!! Thanks for the new websites and advise.
I am kind of figuring out lots of coupons I've seen are not for items I use. I guess I'll take advantage of the ones I get.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I get a sunday paper and there are also some coupon swap groups on CM also I trade with friends and family take the ones you won't use (yes cut all of them out of the paper) and trade them to someone who will use them for some you will use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)