Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

teen dating

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM
  • 8 Replies
My daughter has her "first love" boyfriend....she is HIS first girlfriend. We like him....like his family....he's a great kid.....I think he's just naive about HAVING a girlfriend and the things they should do, hiw to act.....proper "relationship etiquette", of you will.
I think my daughtee needs to grow a set and talk to him.....I need advice.....anyone available?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Need more info...age's and what you mean by relationship etiquette..

jordunmom
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Hi Luckyth

Here's my concern (by the way, I should tell you my daughter and husband are NOT concerned)....Like mosti Americans, we just had our Thanksgiving break... He text/calls her ALL the time....but will go shopping, or sporting events with friends and not her???  I find that bizarre....or is it just me?

I'm trying to teach my daughter self respect, independence....etc....I don't want her "waiting around" for him....she asked him to do something and he went and did something else.....YES, he is entitled to do other things...I just think it's weird that he doesn't do "those things" with her.

Not just them (but this entire generation) they don't know how to make plans....everything is so last minute (maybe that's what bot

jordunmom
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Sorry....I hit send without meaning to LOL

Maybe that;s what bothers me too....sooo last minute.

Dating etiquette....what I mean by that is just common courtesy.....if you're doing something with a group of friends (girls AND boys)....shouldn't he WANT to include her?

AleaKat
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Let her make her own mistakes. Stay out of it! It's her relationship not yours. Chances are they will break up at some point. If you step in she won't learn for herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jordunmom
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Thanks for your reply, but I am not getting involved....simply asking if OTHER parents of teens notice similar behavior....it's been a LONG time since I dated.

My daughter is very strong willed and independent.....I will NOT get involved.....I trust HER to make the right decisions...simply asking for opinions.  I am fully aware that there will be break ups in her life (its what makes us all stronger).

Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:54 PM

How old is your daughter?

CandyRayne
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
She may like it that way. If she is upset about it then you could console her but every relationship is different and they are still kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jordunmom
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:06 PM

She is 15

Quoting Barabell:

How old is your daughter?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)