Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I am a patient person, but...

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

When I'm told in one sentence by my daughter that I need to be more strict while at the same time treating her as if she were more mature AND that she feels angry all the time - mostly at me because everything about me annoys her....I find it very difficult to be as patient as I have been.

What I said, "Well, I think we've had a good talk and I'm glad you felt that you could tell me those things, but it's getting late and you have school so we'll talk more tomorrow"

What I wanted to say, "Well you're no peach to deal with on a daily basis either you little shit!"

Ugh!

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsBLB
by Missi on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Ya did great!

sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:14 PM

laughingif they could only read our minds!

racheal241977
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

this one made me laugh :) 

I say this to myself almost daily !!! 

Lovingmyny
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:45 AM
I love it lol you did the right thing

Quoting vampjezzabell:

When I'm told in one sentence by my daughter that I need to be more strict while at the same time treating her as if she were more mature AND that she feels angry all the time - mostly at me because everything about me annoys her....I find it very difficult to be as patient as I have been.

What I said, "Well, I think we've had a good talk and I'm glad you felt that you could tell me those things, but it's getting late and you have school so we'll talk more tomorrow"

What I wanted to say, "Well you're no peach to deal with on a daily basis either you little shit!"

Ugh!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vampjezzabell
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:52 AM

On a more serious note I gotta say - it's got me in a funk today. I've made my mistakes, but I'm a good mother to her and yet she has decided that she simply doesn't like anything about me. All I seem to be around for these days is to enforce rules, take her places and buy her things. Just yesterday, before all of this happened (the coversation was brought on by her wanting to watch one more thing before bed and me saying no) we were having a good day. She got a 97% on a math test and my boyfriend and I took her out for pizza to celebrate. Ofcourse when we got home I had to get on to her about keeping to her schedule with chores and homework and had to get sharp with her a few times over it. I know she's just 13 and doesn't "get" everything, but really? She even brought up going to live with her dad again and told me that while she's there she does everything she's told with no questions and when I asked her why it was different here at home she said it was because she's always angry while she's here at home. She says she forgets about it while she's at school and yet she never wants to go to school because she doesn't like dealing with people. Her home life here is a good one. We live in a nice house with a routine...we have coffee dates and movie nights and family get togethers. I try to be up beat and joke with her, but I can see the anger in her face sometimes. I just don't know. I'm calling a councelor. :-/

Bertieb
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM

My daughter is 15 and it's no different She's been to counseling and she's nicer to me for a bit afterward but it goes back again.  I've concluded that it's a combination of her personality, hormones, being a teen, and my spoiling her and letting her get away. Also, I send mixed signals. One day I don't feel like dealing with her behavior so I try to appease her and the next time I blow up because I'm sick of it. No consistency is confusing and I realize that. Everything is great as long as I buy what she wants, have all the food and snacks she wants and don't ask her to lift a finger or bother her when she is in her room laying in bed watching tv. My daughter usually tells me she doesn't know why she is in a bad mood, and she is sincere about that!

vampjezzabell
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Wow. Our kids sound like the ame person. I try and be consistant with her and I don't appease her all the time. Every once in a while I snap, though - like I did in the car this morning. I was just in no mood for it.  She's a good kid, really. She'll get in trouble once in a while, but it's usually either grades or not getting up when she's supposed to in the morning...things like that. She is affectionate with me and I swear there are times when she seems to be perfectly happy. I do remember my grandmother (who raised me) talking about me to my father and saying the same things that I'm saying now. I know it's par for the course, but holy moly.

CrazyLife1996
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:00 PM
I second this!

Quoting sahlady:

laughingif they could only read our minds!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM

not to veer off topic, but when I was in high school my mom started dating and I was VERY angry.  It didnt matter to my adolescent mind why the divorce happened, who the boyfriend was, or how lonely my mom was.  I was simply pissed that she was dating.

Looking back I can see many of my mistakes that happened simply because I was a teen whose parents were going through a divorce and starting new lives.  I can also see many of their mistakes in the way it was handled.  But at the time we were all just doing our best and sometimes acting out.

My mom and I are VERY close now.... so there is hope.

Quoting vampjezzabell:

On a more serious note I gotta say - it's got me in a funk today. I've made my mistakes, but I'm a good mother to her and yet she has decided that she simply doesn't like anything about me. All I seem to be around for these days is to enforce rules, take her places and buy her things. Just yesterday, before all of this happened (the coversation was brought on by her wanting to watch one more thing before bed and me saying no) we were having a good day. She got a 97% on a math test and my boyfriend and I took her out for pizza to celebrate. Ofcourse when we got home I had to get on to her about keeping to her schedule with chores and homework and had to get sharp with her a few times over it. I know she's just 13 and doesn't "get" everything, but really? She even brought up going to live with her dad again and told me that while she's there she does everything she's told with no questions and when I asked her why it was different here at home she said it was because she's always angry while she's here at home. She says she forgets about it while she's at school and yet she never wants to go to school because she doesn't like dealing with people. Her home life here is a good one. We live in a nice house with a routine...we have coffee dates and movie nights and family get togethers. I try to be up beat and joke with her, but I can see the anger in her face sometimes. I just don't know. I'm calling a councelor. :-/

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM

LOL!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)