Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Innocent Victim...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:54 PM
  • 12 Replies

That's what he's playing at.  He's the victim of the world.  Oh man I am so tired of that attitude.  Everyday it is something different.  Everyday it is SOMETHING!  My son (16) finally got his stuff back and now he has strict rules for school.  Agenda signed by teachers (all agree), homework done and checked by me, study time.  Ok... Last week, his agenda's not signed by one teacher at least everyday last week.  Not the same teacher either.  Oh yeah and they are on odd/even schedules, so he 'forgets' what day it is and brings the wrong stuff to class.  He did the homework, didn't turn it in TWICE last week.

I am trying REALLY hard with this and am to the point of taking christmas presents back to the store, or simply don't even want to know about it.  Sooo freaking tired of all of it!  If you do the work TURN IT IN!

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Don't fall for that crap, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniferSq
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Hang tough mom!  I know it is frustrating but they will get it one day.  I am in the same boat with my 16 year old boy.  He said he wasn't going to bother doing his homework because he didn't like our "rules" that he has even if he is doing well in school.  He is failing a class so he is grounded.  Well a whole weekend of sulking in his room and he finally changed his tune.  It was a rough weekend but he came home today and said he is going to do his homework.  It's a battle of wills that is for sure.

Zamaria
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I just grounded mine for not turning in homework. He's grounded until his grade comes up. :/ it's frusterating when you know they can do better but won't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

He was even told, all I want for my birthday (the 18th) was the kids to behave and go with me on my limo trip.  That's IT.  Just behave and do what you know is required and then we will all have a good time.  I told his father, ONE MORE SCREW UP and both the father and the son stay home and it will be a girl's night out.  I'm not putting up with it!!

Quoting JenniferSq:

Hang tough mom!  I know it is frustrating but they will get it one day.  I am in the same boat with my 16 year old boy.  He said he wasn't going to bother doing his homework because he didn't like our "rules" that he has even if he is doing well in school.  He is failing a class so he is grounded.  Well a whole weekend of sulking in his room and he finally changed his tune.  It was a rough weekend but he came home today and said he is going to do his homework.  It's a battle of wills that is for sure.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:12 PM

It's not so much as him not living up to his potential, its him REFUSING to turn in the work.

Quoting Zamaria:

I just grounded mine for not turning in homework. He's grounded until his grade comes up. :/ it's frusterating when you know they can do better but won't.

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I had enouf of that guilt trip when mine was in 5th grade. Her teacher and I met and made a decision this is her grade her responsibility. If he dosent turn it in let him fail.

02nana07
by Ida on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I went through the doing the work but not turning it in with my daughter about went crazy before she outgrew it.  I think it was a way of her showing she had control over her homework, she almost failed because of it .  Stay calm it will pass just don't let up and keep doing what you are doing.

Zamaria
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Mine does that too. Sooooo irritating.

Quoting fantasticfour:

It's not so much as him not living up to his potential, its him REFUSING to turn in the work.

Quoting Zamaria:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM

War of Wills at it's finest.      You can make him do the homework, you can take all his priveledges, but you can't make him pass the class.

Is there a way he can turn in homework via email?   If so, it is something you would have control over.

MrsBLB
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Oh momma, big hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)