Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Have a laugh at this awesome momma

Posted by   + Show Post

This is from www.notalwaysright.com

(I’m up working the cash register on a slow day, when a teenage boy comes up. He looks to be about 14. He’s sagging his pants, trying to look tough.)

Customer: “Hey, baby.”

Me: “Hi there, sir. How can I help you today?”

Customer: *leans on the counter* “You can get me your number.”

(I’m 25, and engaged.)

Me: “Sorry, but that’s not going to happen. Can I help you with anything else?”

Customer: “Why the f*** not, you stupid b****?!”

Me: “One: That would be illegal. Two: I am happily engaged. And three: even if I ignore the first two, it’s against company policy.”

Customer: “You’re a f***ing b****! You should be happy I want a piece of your a**!”

(As the customer continues ranting and raving, a woman appears behind him. She reaches out and taps his shoulder twice.)

Customer: “What the f*** do you want—”

(He turns around. All the color drains from his face. He manages to squeak out some words.)

Customer: “Hi, mama.”

(She smacks him across the face.)

Customer’s Mom: “I did not raise you to be a self-entitled douche-bag! I did not raise you to think you are better than this poor girl!” *she grabs him by the ear, and shoves him against the counter, facing me* “Now, apologize!”

Customer: “But mom!”

Customer’s Mom: “Now!”

(He looks close to tears. He mumbles out how sorry he is, and how it wasn’t fair of him to treat me like a piece of meat. His mom, by his ear, pushes him towards the door.)

Customer’s Mom: “Go.”

(He walks out of the store, ready to cry. She turns to me, gives me a huge smile, apologizes again, and even buys me a gift card. Apparently there are some good parents still out there!)

What would you have done if this was your son?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
myoldest1999
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Lol GOOD!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ForeverLawst
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Quoting fammatthews4:

No it was the smacking, grabbing, and pushing against the counter that I feel makes her a bad parent.  Really if you had seen this in person would you have laughed or called the authorities?  There are other ways to teach our kids proper behavior than physicaly laying hands on them.  But obviously I am lacking in humor today so this will be my last post on this.

Quoting ForeverLawst:

Good parents can raise douche-bag kids... bad parents can raise great kids. I can attest to that personally. You believe this parent did a bad job because their kid has a mind of his own at 14? Get a grip.. really. 

I thought the post was funny for the reasons the OP and another poster said. He knew he was caught in the act and immediately back-peddled when his mom snatched him up. Go mom, lay down the law. BAM. LOL

I went back and reread this. I (only) missed the smacking part. I did not read this as an actual real life event and took it for the Madea Gets A Life kinda funny that I'm sure was intended. Would I have called the cops? NO. This wasn't abuse. I lived through abuse growing up, I know exactly what that looks like.  Take a deep breath and exhale. Today's going to be a great day and you're doing a great job Momma!

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Don't let people get you down, I would have LOVED to have seen this in a walmart.  These kids need a reality check.  It's completely obvious this boy doesn't act like this around his mom since the color drained from his face.  And with those words coming out of his mouth, he's lucky it was a slap across it instead of a handcuff because it is ILLEGAL to cuss in public and to cuss at someone is called ASSAULT.  So yeah, since one poster made something funny into something serious.  There ya go.

As far as my original thoughts on it?  WAY TO GO!

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM

If I had witnessed this I probably wouldn't have waited for the mom. Had I seen it I would have stood back and let momma do what she needs to do. Now the smack in the face....I don't know, at most I would have shook my head. Forcing him to the counter to say he was sorry would have me applauding.

Kids need to know that just cause momma aint around doesn't mean they can act like little heathens. There was a time cops brought children home when they did something wrong, momma would take care of it. That's not so true today sadly.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I lol'd.    I have no idea what I would do in that situation, but i guarantee my son would be sorry he ever left the house that day.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM

:) I was beginning to worry there - actually fantasticfour (and other moms on this post), seeing as you gave such a good response here, would you mind checking out my other post in here? I need some serious advice on my DD21 http://www.cafemom.com/group/101187/forums/read/17688669/Help_needed

Quoting fantasticfour:

Don't let people get you down, I would have LOVED to have seen this in a walmart.  These kids need a reality check.  It's completely obvious this boy doesn't act like this around his mom since the color drained from his face.  And with those words coming out of his mouth, he's lucky it was a slap across it instead of a handcuff because it is ILLEGAL to cuss in public and to cuss at someone is called ASSAULT.  So yeah, since one poster made something funny into something serious.  There ya go.

As far as my original thoughts on it?  WAY TO GO!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM

laughing

I found it funny. My 14 year old would never hit on a 25 year old, I can't imagine what I would do in this situation.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I lol'd.    I have no idea what I would do in that situation, but i guarantee my son would be sorry he ever left the house that day.

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM

LMAO!!! This sounds like my 16 y/o. 

drfink
by Emily on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I kind of lean both ways. I am glad the kid got caught by his mom but I have an issue with hitting him like that and the physicality's of it.I worry this re -enforces might equals right .This can teacher whomever can power over the other calls the shots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)