Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have a laugh at this awesome momma

Posted by   + Show Post

This is from www.notalwaysright.com

(I’m up working the cash register on a slow day, when a teenage boy comes up. He looks to be about 14. He’s sagging his pants, trying to look tough.)

Customer: “Hey, baby.”

Me: “Hi there, sir. How can I help you today?”

Customer: *leans on the counter* “You can get me your number.”

(I’m 25, and engaged.)

Me: “Sorry, but that’s not going to happen. Can I help you with anything else?”

Customer: “Why the f*** not, you stupid b****?!”

Me: “One: That would be illegal. Two: I am happily engaged. And three: even if I ignore the first two, it’s against company policy.”

Customer: “You’re a f***ing b****! You should be happy I want a piece of your a**!”

(As the customer continues ranting and raving, a woman appears behind him. She reaches out and taps his shoulder twice.)

Customer: “What the f*** do you want—”

(He turns around. All the color drains from his face. He manages to squeak out some words.)

Customer: “Hi, mama.”

(She smacks him across the face.)

Customer’s Mom: “I did not raise you to be a self-entitled douche-bag! I did not raise you to think you are better than this poor girl!” *she grabs him by the ear, and shoves him against the counter, facing me* “Now, apologize!”

Customer: “But mom!”

Customer’s Mom: “Now!”

(He looks close to tears. He mumbles out how sorry he is, and how it wasn’t fair of him to treat me like a piece of meat. His mom, by his ear, pushes him towards the door.)

Customer’s Mom: “Go.”

(He walks out of the store, ready to cry. She turns to me, gives me a huge smile, apologizes again, and even buys me a gift card. Apparently there are some good parents still out there!)

What would you have done if this was your son?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:41 AM
Replies (21-25):
CandyRayne
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:56 PM
IMO the disrespectful brat needed to get smacked. If that was my fourteen year old son the scene probably would have been worse. Women go thru lot of bs and no child of mine would get away with that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CandyRayne
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
IMO the disrespectful brat needed to get smacked. If that was my fourteen year old son the scene probably would have been worse. Women go thru lot of bs and no child of mine would get away with that.
ccleri56
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

good for that mother. if more parents did things like that maybe the kids would be better behaved

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM
I find it hysterical and I would have done the exact same thing. She is a great parent in my eyes. I never would have called the authorities I would have walked up and shook her hand and thanked her for being such a great mom.

Quoting fammatthews4:

No it was the smacking, grabbing, and pushing against the counter that I feel makes her a bad parent.  Really if you had seen this in person would you have laughed or called the authorities?  There are other ways to teach our kids proper behavior than physicaly laying hands on them.  But obviously I am lacking in humor today so this will be my last post on this.

Quoting ForeverLawst:

Good parents can raise douche-bag kids... bad parents can raise great kids. I can attest to that personally. You believe this parent did a bad job because their kid has a mind of his own at 14? Get a grip.. really. 

I thought the post was funny for the reasons the OP and another poster said. He knew he was caught in the act and immediately back-peddled when his mom snatched him up. Go mom, lay down the law. BAM. LOL

princessmelita
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Personally...I think he deserved what he got. He certainly wasn't concerned about her feelings as he stood there calling her names because she wouldn't give him the time of day. He was being completely disrespectful. If his mom hadn't been there and he said "what the F do you want?" to someone else (perhaps a man), things could've gone bad pretty quickly. Hopefully he would have learned from that. I would've done the same thing to include the smacking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)