Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure if he was just messing with my head?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM
  • 6 Replies

Last night i was having a conversation with my son about his school.  I personally do not like how they run the school they seem to be a bit on the incompetent side.  The teachers are great but the administration really needs to figure out how to run a school.  I have a dd in a different school and they should give lessons.  we were discussing this.   Several weeks ago there was a fire in the school.  and the school was evacuated but it was very chaotic.  NO one knew what to do not even teachers who just kept telling kids to go.  when the police and fire dept got there and I couldn't get in touch with the school. I was on the phone with my son and I told him to just leave.  The school never called me to tell me he missed a class.   they don't call me to tell me anything.  If my dd is more than 4 mins late to a class i get a phone call.    So we were talking and he tells me that the school will only call if a student skips a class between 1st period and 5th period that they won't call for periods 6-9.   To which i pointed out his school sucks  lol  but that when report cards came parents would find out because each class takes attendance.  If you are absent from a class or a day each teacher would record it and then on the report card they put the number of times the child was absent per class right next to the grade.  I pulled out his last report card and showed him where it said it.  He hasn't missed a day yet this year so all of his were 0's  I showed him his sisters report card (they do report cards the same way) and showed where she missed 2 classes (non cutting she had permission to be in another room but the teacher still marks an absence)   Well the look on his face the best way to describe it would be deer in headlights.   The expression of OH SHIT came across his face.   When i started questioning it he just smiled and said na just kidding.  I should have report cards within a cpl of days.   But if he's skipping classes he's gonna be one sorry kid.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:33 AM

LOL he may be one sorry young man!  :-)

Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I hope he's not skipping!

We have an online system where I can check attendance and if homework is turned in, and my son knows that I check it regularly.

drfink
by Emily on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:21 PM

LOL we've had a couple deer in the headlights looks at our house over the years.Sometimes they were teasing, other times uh oh ; )  

Not so much since online systems.

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:08 AM

Quoting Barabell:

I hope he's not skipping!

We have an online system where I can check attendance and if homework is turned in, and my son knows that I check it regularly.

His school sucks  lol   I can check online for homeworks and stuff  for 2 classes but not attendnance.   There is another site that i can check his attendance but only if he's been absent whole days and even that system is really behind. by the time the information shows up i'll already have found out about it and his grounding would be over  lol

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:53 AM

LOL, boys..

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have raised hell with the school the next day.  I used to do that all time.  Raise hell when the busses were running 30 minutes to 2 hours late and no one called.  When the school was on lock down or evacuated for some reason.  I'm besties (sarcasm) with the school board.  I figure if I can get 3 auto calls a week about what's going on about a football game they can send out an automated call too.  I would rather have the call about a bus that wasn't mine than not get one about my kids.  They call every time now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)