Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

GAH!!!

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM
  • 15 Replies
So friday I grabbed my 13 yr old sons jeans off his bedroom floor to put in the wash, and I ALWAYS check everyones pockets before laundry and I found a condom in his pocket. Gah! Of course its not used because its still wrapped, but UGH! I asked him about it and he swears he found it in front of his school. It doesnt really matter, and I honestly dont think hes having sex, I just didnt like facing the reality of my baby boy having a condom in his pocket :-( But we talk very openly about sex and Ive always preached to him that when the time DOES come, use a condom EVERY time. Ugh, just a reminder that my baby is growing up, and before I know it, he really will be using them. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Oh man, I would also counsel him on throwing away any "found" condoms and never keep them in his wallet, glove box, or anywhere else that provides heat or friction (I find that laughable there) which can damage the condom.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Funny you should mention those things because I once again tonight went over all those things with him. I also told him just because he finds a condom thats still in its wrapper, treat it as no good because you dont know if its been jeopardized in any way. I jokingly told him we may be poor, which seriously we are and he knows that, but dang, we're not THAT poor lol!

Quoting fantasticfour:

Oh man, I would also counsel him on throwing away any "found" condoms and never keep them in his wallet, glove box, or anywhere else that provides heat or friction (I find that laughable there) which can damage the condom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

No kidding and if you can't afford a new condom EVERYTIME you can't afford a baby so lay off the sex if you have to and enjoy the cuddling and WATCH the movie once in a while. :)

Quoting ashleighmama:

Funny you should mention those things because I once again tonight went over all those things with him. I also told him just because he finds a condom thats still in its wrapper, treat it as no good because you dont know if its been jeopardized in any way. I jokingly told him we may be poor, which seriously we are and he knows that, but dang, we're not THAT poor lol!

Quoting fantasticfour:

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Exactly. Ive always told him that once hes sexually active, if hes either too broke or too embarassed to buy condoms, he needs to tell me or dh and we will make sure he has them. But, I also told him that if hes too broke or too embarassed to buy condoms then he really has no business having sex in the first place. But Im a big believer in prevention no matter what.

Quoting fantasticfour:

No kidding and if you can't afford a new condom EVERYTIME you can't afford a baby so lay off the sex if you have to and enjoy the cuddling and WATCH the movie once in a while. :)

Quoting ashleighmama:

Quoting fantasticfour:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM

My first thought was that a 13 yr old boy is probably going to use it as a water balloon!  LoL   (Yes, trust me....boys do that)

MusherMaggie
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Why would you assume he's going to have pre-marital sex rather than teach him to wait until he marries?
gonecrazi
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:31 PM

LMAO!! I remember finding them the first time 

Ellen

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I have most definately talked to him about waiting until marraige, but I also know that that most likely wont happen. I cant FORCE him to not have sex before hes married, so Ive also educated him on how to protect himself, and the girl, from unwanted stds and pregnancy. Ultimately HE will be the one to decide when he has sex, and I want him to be as safe as possible.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Why would you assume he's going to have pre-marital sex rather than teach him to wait until he marries?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol or blow them up and hang them from stop signs.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

My first thought was that a 13 yr old boy is probably going to use it as a water balloon!  LoL   (Yes, trust me....boys do that)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sabyan2060
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I am going through a gender identity thing with my 14 yr DD. to think a little over 4 yrs from now I have to give up my baby girl!  Worse is lack of control. I lost my first born to a cancer like illness at 8m old and way overprotective BUT very open about anything really. Ahhhh. Teens are hard yrs and my 12yr DD is just starting. Sigh. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)