Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My son (14) just got suspended

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM
  • 50 Replies

A girl on the school bus called him a name and punched him in the stomach.  He then punched her 5 times in the stomach.  He is now suspended for 3-5 days (the principal is still looking into the incident).  His father and I both told him it is NOT ok to hit girls Ever.  He is now grounded and in his room.  The problem I am having is that I don't think it is ok for that girl to have hit my son either.  I told the principal that I am not excusing his behavior, but that the girl should be suspended also if she provoked him and hit him first.  Am I wrong?  Here is the other problem, my son is 5'10 and weighs 175.  He is much bigger than the girl.  The same age though.  I feel like the principal is so appalled that a boy hit a girl that he wants to be very severe with my son.  By the way, the girl is ok, that was the first thing I asked the principal.  Am I horrible?  

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
super_mom_08
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Not terrible, I would do the same thing!

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM
The girl is not suspended too???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnight_storm
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Why would you think your horrible? Both kids should be suspended. The girl for hitting in the first place, ds because he shouldn't have hit back and 5 times seems beyond self defense in this case. What I am wondering though, how long this girl has been bullying your son? I do not think this is the first time she's done this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mbpeaceful12
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

No, you are not. I do not like for boys or men to hit girls or women, but when someone puts their hands on you, that is a different situation. I believe the girl should've been punished, also. I hope that she now does not think that she can do this tomfoolery on a regular basis just because she had gotten away with it once.

drfink
by Emily on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Nope not wrong.Hitting is hitting male or female deserve the same consequences.
Earlier this fall my 16 y.o., s gf broke up cause she liked a different guy.At school she grabbed both his arms and held tight...nail marks...while she explained why she was right.He wanted to stalk off...he does that when he is upset but she grabbed harder.Finally he put his hands on her shoulder and pushed awsy.I heard all about it from the carpool and a neighbor girl.The gf's mom called me complaining he pushed her.I had already talked with him about proper behavior.I asked the mom would she tell her daughter to just stand there if my son grabbed her arms and wouldn't let go?
I also have a daughter.Consequences should be equal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessica198027
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM

No u r not horrible. I would expect the girl to be suspended as well. The principal at my kids school banned me because the mother of the boy who was bullying my son slammed me into the wall and the whole office staff and teachers, parents and students all saw that I in no way touched her, I was getting my kids and friends daughter and walking to the dorr when she slammed me into the wall from behind me. She was mad because I walked out of the office when she started insulting my husband, I walked out instead of talking back to her. Her son had tried to attack my son again on school grounds and I told him to go to the principal. The kid was about to hit him until he saw my son was right in front of the principal. He did try to hit him in the nurses office but the nurse and her aid kept him back from my son. And I who did not touch her got banned for 6 months as well as she did. They unbanned me 2 months later when the women get arrested for robbing a bank just befor Thanksgiving. So I had to go through many hoops to get unbanned. If my son ever did that he would be in a whril of hurt. My son already almost got sent to juvie for touching a girl in her croch at school in the lib. He is special ed so the special ed teacher talked the father out of pressing charges on him and he got banned from the lib. They did not tell us until 2 weeks later exactly what he did and he got a stern talking to. If I had known what he did when he did it, he would have got his butt wooped good that day but it was 2 weeks later, so we explained what he did was wrong and he should never do that again.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes the girl should be suspended. Your son needs some severe punishment and taking to.  Hitting a girl is very wrong hitting her 5 ttimes is him out of control !! I hope you drag his ass over to apologize to her . hitting a female is never OK.

mjande4
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I would automatically assume that the girl IS suspended.  Just because they didn't flat out tell you that she is, doesn't mean that she isn't.  Normal procedure is BOTH parties are suspended regardless of who started or ended it.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM

The girl should absolutely be punished just as severly as your son or she will think that this is ok behavior.  What caused her to initiate this violence on your son?

gonecrazi
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM

No you are not horrible.I would have done the same thing. I do think I would throw a fit if the girl isn't suspended too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)