Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I'm so scared going for my second breast ultrasound :(

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok so two months ago to be exact  October 10th I went for my first mammogram and breast ultrasound . The reason I went is because I get some pain under my left arm, no lumps or anything. Well the mammogram as far as the Radiologist is concerned is fine but the Ultrasound she noticed that the area of pain is my lymph node. The report says that it's normal in size and everything and that its a probable benign reactive lymph node to follow up shortly 4 to 8 weeks after. Well tomorrow I go for my follow up and I'm terrified I'm so scared, I know I shouldn't be until they give me something to worry about but it's hard. I'm 31 years old, I did have an ultrasound for the same reason about 4-5 years ago but that one was completely normal. I have since October stopped wearing deodorant as much as I use to, I now wear baby powder it has felt better but I still get a little pain and the feeling of it being a little swelled but it doesn't look swelled. Have any of you experienced this before? If so what was the outcome it would really help me out quite a lot to hear of your experiences..... I am married 15 years and a mother of three 13, 9, and 2. I could use all the support I get get right now :(

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Hugs and good luck.

I had my first mammogram ever done this past June when I turned 40. I too was asked to come back in 6 mos. for a second mammogram because of a spot on my breast that they suspect is benign but want to re check. The woman that did my mammo was very nice and explained to me that because this was my baseline mammogram the doctors want to make sure it is the best picture possible since it's what all other mammograms are compared to. She also told me not to be surprised if I got a call to come back in for another mammogram b/c she said my tissue was very dense and you could see calcium deposits on the film. She showed me the pictures on the computer. I just got a letter reminding me to make the appointment for the follow up mammo I haven't made the call yet but will soon.

About the lymph node, I don't have the same situation but I do have a "shotty lymph-node" (permanently swollen) behind my ear. It is almost always swollen and gets very painful at times. I usually use a heating pad on it when it gets really bad, it seems to help sometimes. My primary care physcian knows about it but doesn't seem to be concerned at this point, since all blood work and tests are coming back normal.

mommyivy25
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Thank u so much for this information it made me feel a little better I hope everything ends up great with you 

Quoting mumsy2three:

Hugs and good luck.

I had my first mammogram ever done this past June when I turned 40. I too was asked to come back in 6 mos. for a second mammogram because of a spot on my breast that they suspect is benign but want to re check. The woman that did my mammo was very nice and explained to me that because this was my baseline mammogram the doctors want to make sure it is the best picture possible since it's what all other mammograms are compared to. She also told me not to be surprised if I got a call to come back in for another mammogram b/c she said my tissue was very dense and you could see calcium deposits on the film. She showed me the pictures on the computer. I just got a letter reminding me to make the appointment for the follow up mammo I haven't made the call yet but will soon.

About the lymph node, I don't have the same situation but I do have a "shotty lymph-node" (permanently swollen) behind my ear. It is almost always swollen and gets very painful at times. I usually use a heating pad on it when it gets really bad, it seems to help sometimes. My primary care physcian knows about it but doesn't seem to be concerned at this point, since all blood work and tests are coming back normal.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Sending good thoughts your way.  I hope it all turns out ok

annie2244
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Are they going to biopsy the lymph node?

suesues
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:29 AM

thats why we go in case its something they can catch it in time and fix it good luck

Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN