Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: I believe my 20 yr old is having sex however...

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM
  • 16 Replies

I believe my 20 yr old is having sex. however she seems 2 be unsafe as she is constantly worried over her period which she never used 2 be bothered about. She is scared too get tested too cuz her much older guy ''friend'' has a reputation. she didnt confess but i know she is worried :(

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell her she needs to do a test. It will relieve some of the stress she is under.  

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this
20, she needs to test and get STD testing also if she is being careless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting atlmom2:

20, she needs to test and get STD testing also if she is being careless.

exactly

and some much needed reminding of condom and bc use.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM
2 moms liked this

You need to go to her and let her know that you've noticed she's worried then get her in for a pregnancy and STD test.  If she is not pregnant then help her understand her options for BC and encourage her to get on it

sunflowers12
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this

well, to me 20 is an adult and she will have to be the one that is concerned for her self and she needs to take the steps to become more responsible with her life and sexuality and all of it really... eventually it will catch up with her and she is the one that will pay the ultimate price.. maybe remind her of that and see what happens.. after about 17 the things we say to our kids are merely suggestions and unless you have one that is still some how under your control don't know how you manage to get them to listen... good luck though..

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

She is an adult, in an adult relationship.  Talk to her!   Tell her she needs to get tested and needs to get some birth control.    Condoms, condoms, condoms..... 

chattycassie
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Take her to planned parenthood. Get tested for Preg and for STD's and talk to your daughter about saftey.

christina259
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I think at that age all you can do is give advise (as a friend and as a mother) and hope she takes it. Remind her of the chances she's taking. I know that I didn't realize when I was young just how much I could  end up regretting some of the chances I took and maybe she's not really thinking about that fact enough either. I also like gonecrazi's response. Let her know that she will be less anxious and stressed about it if she would do a test and protect herself to begin with.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

You could always buy her condoms that she can keep with her.  I tell my daughters that if they are ever in a situation that's getting too heated they can always ask "what do you want to name the baby?" and act all excited about it.  Usually goes from 60 to 0 in about .1 seconds.

Nena70
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Has she been seen by an OBGYN. Its very important that she be seen. Recommend that to her. She may not want to talk to you about it . Finding a female provider that she feels safe and can educate her on her health.  You can recommend that she get a pap smear which are recommended when sexually active.

Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)