Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Holiday Goodies

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you or your family have a favorite that is around only this time of year ?

Our housekeeper's mother and several  mothers of the secretaries at my husbands office make from scratch tamales to sell.We stock up some in the the freezer for the year.A few years ago I posted the info on our neighborhood blog and now they all sell out very quickly.A couple of neighbors help me get the tamales with coolers. A win -win ...yummy food for us ...extra spending money for the grandmas.My personal get teased by the kids one is Starbucks Cranberry Bliss bar w/ a non fat chai tea latte.They are so bad for you so I make them a treat and this amuses my teens ...lol...

What is yours...

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Starbucks Eggnog Latte but I get them sparingly over the season.  DH and DD  like the Oreo cookies covered with the white fudge that you can only get this time of year

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Love tamales. We stock up on ours during the fall when apple season is in full swing. My mom's boyfriend manages one of the local orchards and there is a "tamale truck" that comes to the farms and sells to the workers. They are amazing!!

I love anything sweet at Christmas, especially homemade candy and my Aunt's oatmeal maple cookies, they rock.

drfink
by Emily on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Quoting fammatthews4:

Starbucks Eggnog Latte but I get them sparingly over the season.  DH and DD  like the Oreo cookies covered with the white fudge that you can only get this time of year

Oh funny ,my 16 y.o. son had a sip of a friend's Eggnog Latte .A girl friend not a gf while at the mall .He came home telling me how great it is.We were at our Target ,it has a Starbucks ,so I was a good mom and got him one...gulp gulp it was gone..LOL...and he is skinny too...nor fair !!!

There is a box of  special candy at costco only this time of year they all love ...two teen boys can inhale the good stuff ...they always ask if anyone wants the last one...hmmm I wonder what would happen if I said yes  ; )

drfink
by Emily on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Love tamales. We stock up on ours during the fall when apple season is in full swing. My mom's boyfriend manages one of the local orchards and there is a "tamale truck" that comes to the farms and sells to the workers. They are amazing!!

I love anything sweet at Christmas, especially homemade candy and my Aunt's oatmeal maple cookies, they rock.

YA so much better than any at the store...even the supposed premium brands.Our stores have lots of brands of tamales but compared to the homemade ones they are just not good.

Oatmeal maple cookies ,my goodness they do sound like they rock ,sound delicious .

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Honestly? I don't really have a holiday treat I like.  Not really into sweets but this is the time of year I make fudge.  All kinds of fudge.  And this year I made a treat box for hubby's employees (only seven of them) which included cubed chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge in the shape of a muffin, peppermint bark and peppermint taffy.  It's all nice and wrapped up pretty.

drfink
by Emily on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:58 PM

peanut butter fudge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my way over ; )

tyfry7496
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Danish butter cookies!!! The ones in the tins. And peppermint mocha at Starbucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)