Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The party is over ;-(

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

I posted about my ds college freshman last week.

I spoke to him tonight.  He had his last exam today and he thinks he failed all of his classes.  Just terrible!  I can only pray that this hard lesson will help him be a better adult later on.  I am just heartsick right now.

It's going to be a tough road ahead for him to come back from this, but I know he can do it.  He just needs more self discipline and maturity. When we sent him off to college in August we never even imagined the semester ending this way, I am sure he didn't either.

I go to pick him up tomorrow morning.  He has to clear out his room and go through an inspection.

We will see how much financial aid that has to be paid back.  My DH had transferred his GI Bill benefits to our ds.  4 months of GI Bill wasted (makes me nauseaous thinking aobut it).  I don't think that will have to be paid back, but my son did get some grants and awards from his school that I am pretty sure will have to be paid back.

He will be hitting the pavement looking for a job asap.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sahlady
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM

hugs

Zamaria
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:56 PM
*hugs* so sorry to hear that! I hope he learns from this experience!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM

hugs momma. heartbreaking.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:09 PM
So sorry? Remember my dd's turn around. There is hope in a few years. My oldest from 18 to 21 is such a different kid. She can only take one class at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Hang in there!   

TexanMomOf6
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

One of my sons started college at 18. He went a few days and then dropped all of his classes. I never really found out why. Anyways, he waited too long into semester and didn't ask the right questions of the right people. He had to pay back all of the grant money he received. I didn't pay for it.

FastForward...He will be 22 next month. Day after tomorrow I will be attending his college graduation where he will receive an Associates of Arts in English with HONORS!!!. In January he starts Pre-Med at UT. Neurosurgery.  Brain surgery.

What a difference a couple years makes. Never give up!!!

luckysevenwow
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Some kids just aren't ready. It's sad though that they have to figure it out the hard way. 

{{{hugs}}}

02nana07
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM

grants don't have to be paid back but if you fail you are on probation and can't get another grant until your grades are up so he will have to pay for the next 12 weeks without the help of a grant but if he passes he can get one again after that. 

drfink
by Emily on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Oh so sorry.Maybe this will shake him up a little. He is still young and will mature I am sure.

Good luck to all of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)