Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thankful Thursday (12/20)

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:24 AM
  • 11 Replies

Good morning!

Thursday is here, the work week is almost done. I am so thankful this week went by fast. My last day of work is on Friday, then I have off with my kids for the winter break.

What is something you are thankful for?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:46 AM

My kids. No matter how much they try to drive me crazy I love them and enjoy being with them. Tonight we are going as a family to my DDs Christmas concert. She plays the French horn in concert band and trumpet in jazz band. 

almostthere55
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Right now it is raining so hard you can't see.  Thunderstorms are in the forecast.  Yuck..I want snow!  But I start my vacation today and don't have to go back to work until Jan. 2nd!  Woo hoo!  I'm going to clean the house this morning and then start my baking.  We have Christmas at my in-laws on Sunday so I have some last minute things to do before going there (I always bring the desserts).  I am making a cheesecake, ding dong cake and probably cookies.  I'll make party mix and some candies just for fun.  Even though the weather doesn't feel like Christmas, my music will be blaring today!  Happy Thursday all!

santa green

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:09 AM

I'm thankful DH is home with us this year and I'm not as stressed out and crazy as I was this time last year.  Not knowing if he was going to make it home in time for Christmas and things changing every day drove me crazy.  So I'm thankful for the calmness this year

wakymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:12 AM

I guess I'm thankful that ds2 and dd waited until after all our activities yesterday evening to get sick; I would've hated for dd to miss out on Girl Scouts and ds2 on ds1's orchestra concert (those things overlapped, so I let dd skip the concert).

I have to make sure dh will stay home long enough for me to go get something I forgot ds2 was to take to school yesterday and run it to school today. I was going to try yet again to finish Christmas shopping (something always seems to come up and prevents it!), but I'm apparently staying home the rest of the day hoping I don't catch anything from the younger 2 kids.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:29 AM

my husband. We have a lot  going on and he is just here for me. hugging me saying its OK babe its ok. Telling me I am fantastic. He and his words are just what I need now.

givenshl
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Just being "able"

02nana07
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I am thankful for my wonderful family and friends and how they are there for me when I need them in good times and bad.

drfink
by Emily on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:56 PM

One of the best things in my life will be happening on the 29th.My family is amazing .Will update after ...no jinx allowed.

ldeuling
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I am thankful for my 3 boys...I am thankful that they are healthy, smart, happy and are all just really good boys.  I am very lucky and will always be thankful for my boys.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Right now?  The only think I am thankful for is that my mom wasn't seriously injuring in the car accident she had today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)