Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:49 AM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 14yo old is being bullied at school, but is refusing to tell me who is doing this to him because he knows I'll go to his school & light a fire. He's acting out at home, being disrespectful to everyone and recently started running away. I don't know what to do. I feel so helpless. ;(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Therapy right away. I would also call the school councler and go speak with the school today.

amonkeymom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to the group!  I wonder if talking to his teachers/counselor could help.  They could keep an eye on things to see if he needs help there. 

Quoting justajen:

My 14yo old is being bullied at school, but is refusing to tell me who is doing this to him because he knows I'll go to his school & light a fire. He's acting out at home, being disrespectful to everyone and recently started running away. I don't know what to do. I feel so helpless. ;(

vlynn.iowa
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Agree with the other posts.  Call the school and report it.  Most schools have anti bullying rules and are supposed to take any reports seroiusly.  Talk to the teachers too, they see more then most parents realize

Monsita
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I am so sorry!

I went through something like this with my 13 years old...He would not open up to anyone...SO! after I informed the school, though he was mad at me, I made sure to tell him EVERY DAY how much I cared for him and his safety at school....

Though the bullying has not stop completly...he knows 100% I AM KEEPING AN OPEN COMINUCATION WITH THE SCHOOL....though may not be much, it is something!!!!!!

chattycassie
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Counsler.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Definitely agree with the other responses.  You can report it to the school without having a name.  They can keep an eye out to see what is going on.

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would report it,he made be upset with you, but that's your job as his mom. Find him a school counsler or outside therapist.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk to the resource officer at the school.  Usually they will figure out who your child is, and then just be around to figure out who the bully is

TexanMomOf6
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:42 PM

homeschool? private school?

justajen
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Fantasticfour, I don't think my son's school has a resource officer, unfortunately. We live in kind of a small town. That would be a really good idea to bring up to the board though! thank you for your feedback.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)