Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Years Eve

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM
  • 12 Replies

Do you guys go out or stay home? 

Do your kids get to go to parties too?

Each kid was told to invite a friend.  I know 2 are coming I just hope the third comes.  I don't want her to feel the odd man out. 

Stay up all night, junk food for supper, gonna be nice.

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:46 AM

My 2 that are at home are 18 and 19.  Both have been invited to parties, but neither are sure if they're going or not.  My husband and I usually stay home (although we've gone to Seattle to watch the fireworks from the Space Needle a few times).

lnrmom
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM
I'm going out. My girls are hanging at the house
justamomma2
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

WE host a Neighborhood New Years Eve Party.  This way no one has to drive.  I think we've been doing this for at least 7 years.  The kiddo's range in age now from 2 years to 17 years old and parents and kids alike always have fun.  Every year, I say this is the last one, just do to the work to get ready.  But we all have such a blast we continue the tradition.  My kids 13 & 16, are big on sticking on tradition and have really stepped up helping to make this happen.  Everyone brings a dish of nibbles to share, we build a fire in our small fire pit, get a few duraflame logs going in the fireplace, stand around and talk, some times play a few games and the kids all run around having a ball.  At midnight we all go out front, light off some sparklers I saved from 4th of July and toast with champagne.  It really has been a wonderful tradition.  We ususally have 7-10 families + kids, so it's a house and yard full, but I figure I'd rather have a small home full to the brim with happy people than a big empty home.  Hope your New Year's Eve will be as wonderful as ours.  Now I better get to house cleaning and grocery shopping...lol

Happy New Year Ladies!!!

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Stay home. The little kids will go to bed at normal time. My DD 14 will want to stay up. DH will fall asleep on the couch. Yup just another day here.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:24 PM

We all stay in.

Ds1 has been invited to go hang out at a friend's house tomorrow; he's not sure he wants to go b/c he's just getting over being sick and still not feeling 100%. If he feels up to going, I'll get details on if it's just the afternoon/evening or til midnight thing.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Just found out all three kids have someone coming over!  Yay!  No one is getting left out this time.  Now the kids will have their little quality time with friends and at midnight we will be upstairs (we're in the basement) to give them all a kiss good night and make a huge breakfast the next day!

Mbpeaceful12
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Well,my L.O. will turn four, so we will have chocolate cake and ice cream to celebrate her b-day and the out with the old and in with the new.

Manth
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:22 AM

My eldest (18 next week - where did the time go?) is currently in New Zealand with Scouts.  They are having a big New Year's Eve party there which should be fun.

My youngest (16) DH and I are just staying in.  No parties that are going on that we are interested in - we're not really 'party people' and if you stay home you don't have to deal with drunken idiots on the road!  New Year's Day we will have lunch with DH's mother, then visit his father in the nursing home where he now lives.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:28 AM
We stay home and watch the ball drop on tv.
Zamaria
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:35 AM
DH and the kids will stay home. I have to work this time. But when I'm off we just have some friends over and play games and hang out. The little kids don't stay up till midnight, but they do stay up a little later than normal. My oldest usually does stay up till about 1. I'm too paranoid about drunk drivers to go out, plus we are supposed to have freezing rain and snow tonight, so we wouldn't go out anyway unless we needed to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)