Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I'm thinking about switching to contacts but I'm not sure if I would like them better. Glasses seem to be a pain, they get smudges which is annoying and they fog up when I come back in the house. It's a pain when I need to switch to sunglasses because then I can't see when I have my sunglasses on. I have the kind of lenses that get dark when you go outside, they don't get dark enough like my sunglasses are. It also takes too long for them to switch back to regular lenses. I don't want to buy prescription sunglasses, too expensive and I would still have to switch glasses when I go back inside.

Does anyone else have this problem? And do contacts work better? What are the pros and cons to contacts?

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Replies (11-15):
Shell89
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I have contacts and love them! (had them for 30 years) I hate when I have to wear my glasses.

Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I have worn contacts for more than 25 years, and can't believe anyone would prefer glasses.  

suesues
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM

had glasses whole life did contacts for many years then had corrective surgery now back to needing reading glasses contacts pricey my kids wear them

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I don't wear glasses or contacts.My husband has had contacts since middle school.For him he prefers permeable hard contacts but sometimes wears his glasses.

My 14 y.o. started wearing contacts a year ago at the start of eighth.We keep a spare pair of glasses but he loves his contacts....I think he is very cute in glasses but I'm just mom ; ).He had to get up about 15 or 20 minutes earlier for about a month so putting  his contacts in would be stress free.Now he virtually throws those suckers in.He wears soft ,remove daily ,monthly disposable contacts.

PurpleHazey
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:22 AM

I wear glasses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)