Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

funny

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter has some friends that are as out spoken as she is, two of them went hiking yesterday and had quite the experience.  They were hiking a local trail and ran into a group of boys... like teens do they started chatting each other up.  The boys were a couple years older so the girls were asking what colleges they go to.  All the boys but one listed schools, that one boy said he was a musician.  In a VERY snarky tone (so I am told) my daughters friend said "yeah, and how is that working for you?"  Which is funny because as Im hearing the story that was my internal comment too.  He said it was going pretty well and told her that he is on Disney Channel.  Dd's friend blew him off thinking he was a clown just messing with her.... but when she got home she googled the band he said he was in... and sure enough IT WAS HIM!  The band is Next Big Thing.  I would have thought it was a joke too... never heard of it.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:56 PM

LOL that is funny.  I still watch Disney off and on so I have heard of the band.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Wow, she should have asked for his autograph while they were out there and then googled him to see if he was real!

Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:58 PM

That's funny.

That band is getting pretty popular. I've been seeing them in a lot of TV ads lately.

jeepninja
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

LOL - that's great!

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

looked them up ...that is great for the kid !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)