Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

ooooh the drama of it alllllll...... but makes me SO HAPPY!

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:57 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

so im eves dropping.... like ya do.

daughter is ranting and raving on the phone back and forth with the girls.  apparently from what I gather the 7-9 girls that form their group want to be together this LAST (very dramatic) new years eve they will EVER be together (all seniors).  Two girls have offered up their homes (off topic -one girl lives in the most amazing home with the most amazing yard I have ever seen, she has a sheik as a neighbor, yeah, that kind of neighborhood!!).  But one girl has a boyfriend with his own apartment and is trying to get them to all come over there.  Four of the girls do not want to go... mine being one of them.  Yes, I am very proud.  She says she doesnt want to drive on new years eve and she doesnt want to lie to me in order to spend the night there.  So the calls are going back and forth.

Ill let you know what story I get when she is finally off the phone.  But for now Im happy at the stance she has taken.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Yay!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:17 PM

glad that she is making a responsible decision

gonecrazi
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:20 PM

good job momma..

cjsmommie98
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM

BUMP!

lyanne66
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Well, what was your daughter's ultimate choice?  I hope she stuck to her guns.  It sounds like you've raised a bright young lady!!  My 16 DH also chose to have his GF over here even though she wanted him to go to her friend's party.  He told her he wanted to stay home and be with his family.  We ended up taking them out to dinner, playing a few games with them, and then they watched a movie together and came to be with us to watch the ball drop.  Then he took her home at 12:15.  I also was very proud of his decision.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:48 PM

The group split for the night.  With the party girl going out party hoping with 2 girls from the group, while the other 4 or 5 girls had a baked potato bar and movie night at the big fancy house.

A couple days into the new year the party girl told the group she was out... that she didnt want to even be their friends any more.  My daughter was a little hurt, I think more disappointed in her as a person than personally offended.  I say good riddance.

Quoting lyanne66:

Well, what was your daughter's ultimate choice?  I hope she stuck to her guns.  It sounds like you've raised a bright young lady!!  My 16 DH also chose to have his GF over here even though she wanted him to go to her friend's party.  He told her he wanted to stay home and be with his family.  We ended up taking them out to dinner, playing a few games with them, and then they watched a movie together and came to be with us to watch the ball drop.  Then he took her home at 12:15.  I also was very proud of his decision.

lyanne66
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I'm with you -- good riddance to her.  But of course, I am sure that your DD is hurt by her friend's choices.  It sounds like that girl might be headed down the wrong path and it's a good thing your daughter is not going to be on that path to accompany her.  Be proud of the daughter you have raised!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN