Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi ladies

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello! I've been in the group for a bit now, lurking and responding, and thought I'd take a second to introduce myself. I'm Jessica. I'm 25 years old, so probably a bit younger than most of you. I've been married 6 years, and I'm a stay at home mom of 4, including, yes, a teenager. My kids are 13g, 9g, 3b, and 9 months b, and I am pregnant, due 9/6/13. My older two girls are my stepdaughters, but I've been raising them since I married my husband 6 years ago. My 13 year old will be 14 this month. She's a great girl, smart, helpful, and just an all around good girl, with straight A's, very rarely in trouble, and never in serious trouble, though I realize that could very well change. The only issue we have had with her, and continue to deal with, is her PCOS. She was diagnosed this past summer through blood work and ultrasounds after we dealt for two years with horrible PMS, irregular periods, acne, odd hair growth that caused her no end of embarrassment and stress, and finally, we found a dr who took our worries seriously. She is on the pill now to treat her, and that has helped immensely. We have had a few problems with her biological mother, but since she only shows up once in a blue moon, I can handle that. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jerzymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Hello there! First let me say, sorry for your troubles. Please excuse me for my ignorance. What is PCOS?

happysnappyJ
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Thanks. It's ok, I should have explained, it's polycystic ovarian syndrome, it means she has cysts on her ovaries and an imbalance of her sex hormones, which caused the acne and hair growth. It can also lead to infertility, which is her biggest concern. 

Quoting Jerzymom:

Hello there! First let me say, sorry for your troubles. Please excuse me for my ignorance. What is PCOS?

RubyQ
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

how are youHi. I just joined this group also! Nice to meet you.

happysnappyJ
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I'm good, how are you? Nice to meet you too!

Quoting RubyQ:

Jerzymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

oh..poor thing. Glad you found a doc that can help her through this. So young to have such problems. I wish her the best.

Susanne

happysnappyJ
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Thanks. I feel terrible for her, but she's dealing and it's gotten a lot better with the pill and realizing why she's having all these issues. 

Quoting Jerzymom:

oh..poor thing. Glad you found a doc that can help her through this. So young to have such problems. I wish her the best.

Susanne

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome to the group

RubyQ
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting happysnappyJ:

I'm good, how are you? Nice to meet you too!

Quoting RubyQ:

Fine , thank you! Just enjoying the first day of the New year by hanging out on CM, haha.

Redsalamander73
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey there! Welcome :)

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Hey there, welcome and congrats on your first post.  I'm glad she's on the right meds and just want to say hey back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)