Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

has anyone had to deal wit this(13 yr old boy)

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 26 Replies
My 13 yr old son who has adhd is not growing. He is not gaining any weight or height. All the test so far come back normal. He eats all the time. And he has not hit puberty yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
famof6
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:03 PM

My 13 year old has not grown for years! I always attribute it to the steroids they gave me and him when I was in preterm labor and the steroids he had growing up with asthma. I haven't really had him tested for anything but am starting to become concerned that he doesn't seem to grow. I guess all we can do it wait and see?? shrugging

moonlitnitz
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I havent had this problem withh mine. Sorry im not any help
Lorena
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I nor him used steroids when pg. no asthma. But he had trouble retaining heat when he was born.

Quoting famof6:

My 13 year old has not grown for years! I always attribute it to the steroids they gave me and him when I was in preterm labor and the steroids he had growing up with asthma. I haven't really had him tested for anything but am starting to become concerned that he doesn't seem to grow. I guess all we can do it wait and see?? shrugging

Lorena
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Thats ok glade you can't help. That means yours are in normal range.

Quoting moonlitnitz:

I havent had this problem withh mine. Sorry im not any help
SuperLooneyMom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:32 PM
ADHD aside I have a boy who is now 14. He had his growth spurt between 10-12. He isn't growing right now but his bio dad and I are only 5ft tall. So he won't hit another til about 16. I would wait a while cause your son may go thru major spurts all at once. ADHD is only a behavior disorder and has nothing to do with growth. Both of my sons have ADHD as well
Lorena
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Adhd itself has nothing to do with growing but his meds could affect him.

Quoting SuperLooneyMom:

ADHD aside I have a boy who is now 14. He had his growth spurt between 10-12. He isn't growing right now but his bio dad and I are only 5ft tall. So he won't hit another til about 16. I would wait a while cause your son may go thru major spurts all at once. ADHD is only a behavior disorder and has nothing to do with growth. Both of my sons have ADHD as well
SuperLooneyMom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Regarding meds... Have you spoken o a local pharmacist for side effects or possible growth effects. Also perhaps speak to dr if you haven't already.

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting SuperLooneyMom:

Lorena
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:56 PM
We have and he has started some tests.

Quoting SuperLooneyMom:

Regarding meds... Have you spoken o a local pharmacist for side effects or possible growth effects. Also perhaps speak to dr if you haven't already.

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting SuperLooneyMom:

bizzeemom2717
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:39 AM
I was going to say talk to your doctor but sounds like you already have. Hopefully someone else has been through with some advice. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TJFBGMommy
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Sorry, no help here. My 14 year old son is on meds for adhd as well, but it's not slowed him down at all. He's already 6' tall and still growing. Hope your doctor is able to come up with an answer for you. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN