Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Random Question 1/5

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:40 AM
  • 21 Replies

What jobs, if any,  did you have when you were a teen?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I babysat from the time I was 15 until I graduated HS, my senior year in HS I worked as an afternoon receptionist at a real estate company as part of my business program I was in.  (School half a day, work the other half), after graduation I worked at a Hallmark store in the local mall

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I worked the summer between my jr and sr year full time as a secretary at a place my dad had worked at. I got a job at a restaurant a month before I graduated hs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annie2244
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Age 13+: Sitting. Mostly for the next door neighbors. Pretty solid gig of most Sat nts.

Age 16:Snyders clerk, pink long shirt, stocking shelves, manning the cash register  I remember the nt b4 my first shift I was nervously practicing making change, as the machines did not do this for you back then).

Age 17: KFC counter clerk, greasy polyester brown uniform. Ugg. Only good thing that came out of that job was my dating one of the fry cooks.

6 bad months age 18: Nursing home nurse's aide. Depressing and kind of gross job. Ironic that I got a BSN.

College on campus: Dorm front desk (got paid to study, good gig), and dorm cafeteria worker.

Summer after freshman and sophomore yr of college, GS camp counselor, lifeguard/riding camp. Fun fun fun.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I had three jobs as a teen: deli, Arby's, and then cashier at Target.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM

lifeguard/ swim instructor, food demo in the grocery store, subway sandwich shop

I think those were it for the teen years.

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM

salad prep at a restaurant, cashier at grocery store, clerk at fabric store

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM

babysat in the neighborhood.After I started college I was a counselor at the camp I had gone to and a lifeguard and swim instructor.Occasionally taught Dressage.

02nana07
by Ida on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:12 PM

babysitting, worked at the school, and waitressing I started working when I was in the 7th grade so I could buy some clothes like everyone else was wearing.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Fast food and retail. I worked in a childrens clothing store in the mall, and I loved it!
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I worked in an Ice Cream Shop one summer!  Most of the customers were surfers.....I was in Heaven.    Next, I worked for an Insurance agency, making appointments and answering phones.    At 17, I began working for a Plumbing Company, answering phones.   That was the best job, ever!   I worked there for 6 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN