Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Question.

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:02 AM
  • 27 Replies
Ok. I don't have a teen that I'm raising but I joined this group to ask questons and get advice.

My dd is 7 almost 8. And I was wanting to know if when she's is a teen if they like to hang out cuddle and watch movies??

Also is there anything you would change at the age my dd is now to make your teen better?

Hope this maks since. Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BelleVernonGirl
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:29 AM
4 moms liked this

It depends...mine are 16 and they have good days and bad days...teen girls are very moody!!!  good luck!!!

CuzImMOM
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Thanks

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

It depends...mine are 16 and they have good days and bad days...teen girls are very moody!!!  good luck!!!

elzingah36
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:07 AM
I have one teen girl and the rest are boys LOL! Our family isn't a cuddly huggy bunch but we love to have movie nights and cuddly with our pets. As the kids got older the less they wanted to be hugged and cuddled. There's honestly nothing I would've changed in my DD then(age 7-8) because that would not make her the person she is today. My DD has always been logical and "a step ahead" of her siblings and some peers. It's like she was born with the brain of an adult. Good luck mama when she does hit the teens :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverLawst
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:30 AM

My DD is 13 and has always been cuddly. She will still lay across my body while watching TV. I tend to believe that it is a behaviour that is personality dependent and also comes and goes like the rain. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Cuddle, not really. Yes, they would still hang out and watch tv some. Friends are way more important than family though. Wasn't it that way for you too???? I raised great girls that are 18 and 21. Would not change anything big.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM
It depends on whether you will have actively independent child or one more mellow about family time. I cut back on allowable " tech time"

to bring him " back into the family"

But movies are difficult. He lays all up against me in the mornings and watches the news before school.

If you can get them to tell you about thier day and they don't answer with a grunt, fine, or okay, or still allow affection from you in private, consider yourself lucky. :-)
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Ds1 is 13 and still likes to watch movies w/ me. He doesn't exactly snuggle, but will sit right next to me, or, if I'm curled up in bed while we watch, lie on the foot of the bed and use my legs as a pillow. I still get random hugs, but only in the privacy of home. His latest thing is to show how strong he's gotten by picking me up : )

CuzImMOM
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Thank you so much lady's. this has helped
CuzImMOM
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM
I hope my dd is nothing like me when I was a teen. Lol

Quoting atlmom2:

Cuddle, not really. Yes, they would still hang out and watch tv some. Friends are way more important than family though. Wasn't it that way for you too???? I raised great girls that are 18 and 21. Would not change anything big.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM

My son is 13. He still gives me hugs daily and enjoys spending some time with me. He does like having more alone time and enjoys more space, but he still shows that he loves his parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)