Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Just not having a good day!

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:06 AM
  • 10 Replies

I am at wits end "nothing is going right' on dec 26 we had a blizzard and some guy blew a stop sign and pulled out in front of my husband, yep you got it my husband smashed into him. The truck is all smashed well I only carry PL&PD so Mi has a law that will cover up to $1000 if it wasn't your fault mine will not cover anything because of my deductible so in most cases the other insurance will cover the $1000 to fix your car, think again he has full covage and it will fix his car but not mine because he opted out to save money.....Now I have to sue him for the money to fix our truck, I don't want to sue anyone! Just venting!!!!!!!  

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:41 AM

The roads are crazy every where. We have had none stop snow and ice, my DD has spun out a couple of times but so far has not been hurt. Had to be pushed out, but just fine.

Maybe the guy will pay and you won't have to sue? One could hope. At least everyone is okay :)

02nana07
by Ida on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Sorry to hear that but I would sue so maybe the other driver will get better insurance or become a better driver either way the roads will be safer.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

That does suck. In your case--if he isn't willing to pay the deductable--you should sue.

I'm surprised the insurance works like that there. I'm used to the insurance suing on your behalf. That's an odd system.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I know how you feel, my mom was hit right before christmas and it is JUST now being taken care of.

vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Did your husband get a police report?  If the other guys is at fault that is what HIS  liablity coverage pays for.  If your husband is at fault, and you carried collision coverage, that is when your insurance pays to fix your car.  Liablity is meant to pay for damage to other peoples property.  

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

If the accident was the other guy's fault his insurance company should cover the repairs to your husband's truck.

PurpleHazey
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Quoting vlynn.iowa:

Did your husband get a police report?  If the other guys is at fault that is what HIS  liablity coverage pays for.  If your husband is at fault, and you carried collision coverage, that is when your insurance pays to fix your car.  Liablity is meant to pay for damage to other peoples property.  

He sure did but he opted out of this plan to save.

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I don't understand.A driver can carry insurance that covers his vehicle but not the vehicle that he damages ?In Texas you don't have to have insurance for your car repairs but you must carry liability for the other vehicles.They are very serious ,no liability is a quick and easy why to lose your D.L.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand, either.    If the other guy has liability, it covers damages to your car...not his.   I don't understand how one can 'opt out'.   Liability insurance is what is required by law....I thought in all states.

So sorry this is happening to yu!

vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I've lived in 5 different states, one of them being MIchigan, and liablility is the only required coverage.  So was your husband at fault for the accident or the other driver?  If it was the other driver than that guys liablilty covers the damage to your car. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN