Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

How many of you still have your wedding dress

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Ida
  • 68 Replies

and will you pass it down to your daughter

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Buggy979
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I do and if any of my daughters want to wear it them they can.. I have 3 girls
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I have mine. I have no DDs to pass it too. Maybe my grand DD would want it.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I do, but my dd's think it is ugly as sin, lol. Yes, 28 years later I see why they say that. If my girls, have girls, I would like to get infant dresses made out of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annie2244
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I have mine, in a box, since that's what one is supposed to do. I doubt my 2 DD's will wear it. They'll probably want the fun to pick out their own that fits their style.

I would have been fine renting my dress, like my DH rented his tux. Most wedding dresses are a one time event fun pretty item that, b/c of that one time nature are completely overpriced, and well suited to being available, like tuxes, in a rental store. I think it's a big scam, that women lap up, that you must pay hundreds or thousands for a dress that will only be worn once, and then professionally dry clean it and store it in a box for the next 20-30 yrs to offer it to your child, who, is statistically unlikely to chose to wear it.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I do, but it's not a traditional wedding dress, it was my 2nd wedding and it was in Vegas. I also have no daughters, so I don't need to worry about passing it down.
Ashleigh
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I don't have it in my possesion, my MIL has kept it. I doubt my girls would want mine, maybe if they tore it abpart and used the material to make a new dress, but not the way it looks now.

Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I have my dress, but it will never fit my daughter.  My daughter is very fit, but I have a small bone structure, and my daughter's is larger.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I have mine but it was never preserved properly so it's yellowed pretty bad. My DD doesn't really like it so wouldn't wear it even if it wasn't yellowed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:14 PM

rolling on floor

God NO!  I hated it I would never force my daughter to wear it.

My mom (insert issues here) had a hissy fit that we were not getting married in HER (podunk midwest) town that I NEVER lived in.... so as a concession I bought my dress with her.  And of course it had to be in her (podunk little) town because heaven forbid she travel to where I lived (where she used to live until she moved "home") and allowed me to even try on my dream dress.  Nooooooo.   I dont think she even ever knew how totally disappointed I was with my wedding dress.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I have mine. I have no daughters.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN