Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

teen sex

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:35 PM
  • 18 Replies

My 16 old son is dating a girl that has been with boys already. I know I can't stop them...What would you do to protect your kid??? I know what I would do and have done.

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
movieq
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Make sure he has the protection he needs.  And keep communication open. 

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:16 PM

This

Quoting movieq:

Make sure he has the protection he needs.  And keep communication open. 

sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Why didn't your son choose a better girl?  Why does he want a tramp, instead of a decent, smart girl?  THAT is where you should have started, to "protect" your son.

mommyneedssleep
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM
I would talk about birth control!!!!! Let him know he can talk to you about sex at anytime! Maybe sit both of them down together and talk to them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM
10 moms liked this
I seriously hope you are being sarcastic cause a girl being with someone else does not make her a tramp or unworthy.

Quoting sabrtooth1:

Why didn't your son choose a better girl?  Why does he want a tramp, instead of a decent, smart girl?  THAT is where you should have started, to "protect" your son.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Emily on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I seriously hope you are being sarcastic cause a girl being with someone else does not make her a tramp or unworthy.

Quoting sabrtooth1:

agree with lucky ...just wow an adult calling a teen names ...just wow

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mommyneedssleep:

I would talk about birth control!!!!! Let him know he can talk to you about sex at anytime! Maybe sit both of them down together and talk to them

Agree.

Remind your son he needs to be responsible for his actions meaning if he has sex HE must use protection no matter what the girl is using.

You also might remind him they may want to wait. No matter how he feels about her NOW does he see being connected to her for the rest of his life...b.c. fails and children are forever.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I agree, judgemental much? Sad....

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Quoting sabrtooth1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't condone sex before marriage, but have discussed protection and stressed it constantly.  I also explained to all of my kids, if you can't tell me you're ready to have sex, you're not ready because it is not a shameful act, it is a wonderful loving act.  You should be able to tell someone.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Teach him to respect himself amd teach him what std's she might have already.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)