Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Moms With Teens! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 875 Replies
14 moms liked this

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Moms With Teens group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Moms With Teens!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamabear436
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi ,

Long long ago I was an admin here and I was hoping to find my Friend  here who owned it Corrie Lynne. I had another profile but when my Mac died so did that profile as I just now got a new pc . it has been a few years sence I have been here.I do hope to find new friends here.

Mamabear  is what my Hubbi calls me . the number is it's the one that was avaible.

My First name is Trisha

I have not desided to make it a siggi or not yet.

Thanks for having me here...bow down

Reina13
by Reina on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Hi Trisha. Welcome back. I have been here for a little more than a  year. This is a great group of women.

Quoting Mamabear436:

Hi ,

Long long ago I was an admin here and I was hoping to find my Friend  here who owned it Corrie Lynne. I had another profile but when my Mac died so did that profile as I just now got a new pc . it has been a few years sence I have been here.I do hope to find new friends here.

Mamabear  is what my Hubbi calls me . the number is it's the one that was avaible.

My First name is Trisha

I have not desided to make it a siggi or not yet.

Thanks for having me here...bow down

phayes79
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:45 PM
5 moms liked this

Hello,

My name is Pam. I am married (14 yrs now) and have one child, a 13 year old boy. He is my world! And......I used to be his, but now, not so much!! I am joining this group in hopes of surviving the oh so difficult stage of parenting I have just entered. Also, I hope to prove to myself that we (my son and I) are actually normal and not the crazies we may sometimes seem to be!!

Thank you all in advance for the future pep talks, answers, etc.

I hope we can help each other grow into the parents our children deserve.

♥Pam♥         fingers crossed

shawneepaints
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi, I am 47 and have an 19 year old married daughter.  I worry about her every day.  She moved and I didn't get to say goodbye.  I guess I could say she is co-dependent?  She will do whatever it takes to make her husband happy and has done that with boyfriends before marriage.  The problem is, these guys have all sucked.  She will have been married a year as of Jan. 21 and has supported the boy the whole time.  I need Moms to friend me who have been through this and maybe have some advice on ways I can reach out to her to help her without seeming like I am bossing her or butting in?  Please.  Her first serious relationship with a boy ended with him committing suicide.  And that was a co-dependent relationship, too, and he was in love with another girl the entire time he was with my daughter.  Did I do this to her?  She was always the type who would do whatever we asked when she was growing up.  Need help coping.  Thanks

stressmum
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM
7 moms liked this

Hi I'm jayne I have a 14yr old boy who is lovely at times but other times acts that he is only 14mths. Studying well that is done in 10mins then straight onto the X BOX and X live talking to friends and games. Sometimes I could tear my hair out. How can I help hm and not feel that I'm shouting and being a monster frustrated

bgrn
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting phayes79:

Hello,

My name is Pam. I am married (14 yrs now) and have one child, a 13 year old boy. He is my world! And......I used to be his, but now, not so much!! I am joing this group in hopes of surviving the oh so difficult stage of parenting I have just entered. Also, I hope to prove to myself that we (my son and I) are actually normal and not the crazies we may sometimes seem to be!!

Thank you all in advance for the future pep talks, answers, etc.

I hope we can help each other grow into the parents our children deserve.

♥Pam♥         fingers crossed

Pam,

Hi! Well, you're not the only crazies!  We're crazies too.  My son is 12, but has matured early and is already 5'8" tall.  He turns 13 in June. Ugh!  I often joke with him that he's my teenager already.  (He just rolls his eyes or sighs.)

I, too, used to be the center of my son's world.  He's an only child, so he and I spend a lot of time together (dad works long hours a lot). He tells me things that he never tells anyone else, not even my DH.  Lately, he's getting an attitude about EVERYTHING and has an opinion on EVERYTHING and it usually doesn't jive with my opinion!  It's like my sweet, cute, charming little boy turned into this man-child overnight.  He grew facial hair, armpit hair, has a voice deeper than my DH's, and grew 6" this past year!  I sometimes think back to last year and cry b/c I know I'll never have that boy back.

Is it a good thing they grow up?  Yeah, I guess so.  Do we just have to  let them do it?  Yeah, I suppose.  Do we have to like it or accept it? Nope! Every once in a while my DS will cuddle next to me on the couch or smile when I'm silly (instead of probably thinking I'm a total dork). 

So, you're not alone in this! I'd love to talk with you some more and feel free to sob on my shoulder! I'm sure our boys are doing a lot of the same things right now. I suppose WE need to figure out what to do with it all?!?!

Pray for patience! wink mini

Viki 

bgrn
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi everyone! My name is Viki and I'm a few weeks from being 40.  I'm married and have a 12 yo son.  Yes, he's not technically a teen yet, but believe me, he's extremely mature, has the teen attitude, has definitely gone through puberty, and is taller than most kids a grade above him (he's 5'8").

It's been tough seeing him grow up so much in the past year.  He was my sweet, adorable, charming boy last year.  This year, he's morphed into a man-child who can be cute one minute and then turn on a dime! He's always tired, always "bored" (unless he's on that blessed XBox!), and usually sighing about something me or his dad said.  We've had to rein in the attitude more and more recently.  He has some health issues that are difficult for him to cope with, so we try to be a little lenient with him.  He's under a lot of stress even w/o the health things.

Anyway, would love to hear how some of you got past this stage w/o pulling all of your hair out or just locking him in his room for a few years. :)

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Viki

msplynae
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:25 PM
4 moms liked this
Hi Moms, I'm a mother of 3. My oldest is my daughter, who just turned 17.
k1kelley
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, my name is Kim. I am married to Kevin (20 yrs now) and we have 2 children. Keith is 16( 17 this Nov.)  and Katelyn is 6 (7 in June).

nina1111
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi Im Nina .Im a stay at home mom.I have a teenage boy n a pre teen daughter.Oh !!!!!!!!!!theres soo much happening around me n im caught in the middle .Would love to know your experiences and share mine .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)