Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

how old

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM
  • 18 Replies

how old was your teen daughter, when she was allowed to wear make-up and straighten her hair basically want to change the way she looks?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Straighten hair? Any age. Makeup, around 7th grade.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Hair was one area I didn't really care about. Make-up around 7th grade and it was sinple, progressing with a little more each year. 

thatsamorex2
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:51 AM

12/13

rebeccab1966
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Ugh, hopefully she'll never want to wear makeup--she's a redhead with fair skin, a few freckles, huge blue eyes.  She's so naturally beautiful that I hope she just doesn't even try it (and finding good colors of makeup for a redhead can be really tricky).  Now me??  I LOVE makeup and look like a hag without it! 

bizzeemom2717
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Same here

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Hair was one area I didn't really care about. Make-up around 7th grade and it was sinple, progressing with a little more each year. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM

straighten her hair?  She was permitted to do her hair from as young as I can remember.  My 11 yr old has been "doing" her hair since pre-school.  Not with a curling iron, but she has always had her own ideas about what she wants her hair to look like.  My oldest didnt really care much until about 5th grade, and then she had my permission to do what ever she wanted.

Make up - we allow tinted lip gloss when ever... I really dont care at all about that.  Actual make up we reserve for middle school, 7th grade here.  The rules are as follows:  FIRST RULE - MUST WEAR SUN SCREEN or make up with sunscreen in it.  Must be quality make up, nothing cheap that will be bad for your skin, MUST wash your face every night with proper face soap, MUST not wear make up while playing sports, Must wear make up properly... if need be I will take them to the solon to learn... but I dont want them looking slutty, or like a raccoon.

cat4458
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Age 13 for hair straightening (not chemical) just an iron. Makeup: if she wants to wear eye makeup (mascara only), she may but she doesn't want to.  She is a tom-boy & no nail polish, make up for her so far.  I don't forbid it, she just isn't into it.

02nana07
by Ida on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I think when she can use it without looking to made up it is ok. 

I never wore it and I still don't wear it I figure what you see is what you get if you don't like it don't look LOL.

You would be surprised how many guys prefer girls without make up at least they know what they are getting or so I've been told.

The hair is the same as long as it doesn't hurt anybody I don't see a problem with changing it every day.

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:45 PM

yup here also ,though her hair is straight ...thick I am jealous...so I never saw a huge difference when she straightened it with her flat iron but it was her hair, her effort .

Her dad actually set the "standard" for make up when he just commented one day he thought make-up should only enhance teen age girl's natural beauty .Not as a mask or distracting.

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Same here

Quoting luckysevenwow:

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM

My daughter is 12 and got makeup for the first time this past christmas on the grounds that she not walk around looking like a hooker (I said a bratz doll).  She can experiment all she wants on the weekend and if she doesn't have it down then no, none at school.  She also has temp dye for her hair too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN