Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

3 days ago this man came to my house looking for his kid

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

The boy is 14, The boy had been missing since the afternoon before and he thought he had seen him with my friends son.  After seeing my friends son, he said it wasn't him the kid he was with was shorter.

So anyway we kept our eyes out for this boy and asked his Dad to at least come by and let us know he was found. He never did.

Fast forward to right now, this kid is sitting on my couch, not grounded NOTHING after being missing for 2 days. I had never even met the kid until tonight nor seen him around.

From what the kids that usually hang out here that wasn't the first time he has disappeared either. 

I do not understand parents these days!!!  My kids would be so grounded, they wouldn't see the light of day except for school for a very long time.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homeschoolmom99
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I would call CPS something is going on with this kid! He is being neglected in some way or another running away is a STRONG cry for help

Jebekarue
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:08 PM

From what I understand he really isn't "running away" though I don't know what not coming home could be called except running away.  He stays at friends houses and not checking in or whatever. I don't know anything about these people not even where they live.  He doesn't hang out with my kids, he hangs out with my friends son, although my friend has lived here since August I have never seen or heard anyone talk about this boy before.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I would call CPS something is going on with this kid! He is being neglected in some way or another running away is a STRONG cry for help

Homeschoolmom99
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM

For some reason he does not want to be at home and I would find out where he lived and call

Quoting Jebekarue:

From what I understand he really isn't "running away" though I don't know what not coming home could be called except running away.  He stays at friends houses and not checking in or whatever. I don't know anything about these people not even where they live.  He doesn't hang out with my kids, he hangs out with my friends son, although my friend has lived here since August I have never seen or heard anyone talk about this boy before.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

02nana07
by Ida on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:39 PM

something isn't right I would try to find out what is going on in his home

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Remember there are two sides to every story. You may want to talk with the father first. 

jamieforbus
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I agree!!!

Quoting Jessiejack:

Remember there are two sides to every story. You may want to talk with the father first. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieforbus
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Maybe the kid does not want to follow his parents rules!! I would talk with the child's parents before I go calling dhr on them!!!

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

For some reason he does not want to be at home and I would find out where he lived and call

Quoting Jebekarue:

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Yeah that's my thought too. At least talk to the parents first before calling CPS.

Quoting jamieforbus:

Maybe the kid does not want to follow his parents rules!! I would talk with the child's parents before I go calling dhr on them!!!

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Quoting Jebekarue:

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Yep~

Quoting Jessiejack:

IndianaWynette
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I agree totally

Quoting Jessiejack:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN