Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Wonderful Wednesday (1/23)

Posted by   + Show Post

Morning Ladies~ Mid week is here.

How has your week been so far? What do you have to do today?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

The week's been ok so far. Tried to wear my new glasses today, but the floor kept looking like it was tilting, so I've got my old ones back on.

I spent the morning productively procrastinating- I need to be putting away the Christmas decorations I have piled on the dining rm table, but don't want to, so I've done dishes, swept the kitchen floor, and vacuumed the living rm and dining rm instead : )

My original plan was to hang out at home all day b/c I've asked that the parents in dd's Girl Scout troop turn in their order forms today and kinda need to be here to get them. I'm going to have to go up to the shop for a bit, though. Bah!

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Since he wasn't sure he would get leave its been in the air. The original plan was to have at his Aunts house, 50 people, it would have been tight but doable. The list has grown and since it was short notice we couldn't find a hall or banquet room for that day. His solution was outside using heaters and tents. It's gonna be rustic that's for sure. None of can see his vision so we have no clue how its going to work lol

I guess Saturday we will know.

As a side note, she's pregnant so we assume (none of has asked) if that's why the rush. His Aunts yard would be perfect for a wedding....except in winter.

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting luckysevenwow:

My week is long and tiring. I have a nephews weeding this weekend while he's on leave, he want's it outdoors (we've been barely above 0) and trying to get heaters and tents. Crazy boy, plus school the kids and I am getting sick again...Long lol

He wants an outdoor wedding in the winter? I've never heard of someone doing that before. Why?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Quoting luckysevenwow:

My week is long and tiring. I have a nephews weeding this weekend while he's on leave, he want's it outdoors (we've been barely above 0) and trying to get heaters and tents. Crazy boy, plus school the kids and I am getting sick again...Long lol

Maybe all the guests can stay inside and he and his bride can get married on a balcony.... the guests can look through glass doors!   Lol.

One good thing......  you won't have to worry about what to wear.   Your winter coat, boots, hat, scarf and gloves will suffice.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Quoting zadesmom1998:

Getting better. I woke up feeling much better today after fighting a sinus infection for a week. And my boys 14 and 8 babied me all weekend it was so sweet.

Hope you're feeling better soon. That's so sweet that your boys have been helping you.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Quoting Jessiejack:

It's going to be a long week. It's 7degrees out. My DD is still fighting this bad headache but went to school. I have a follow up to get the results from my memmory testing I had done last week but the appointment is not until 4pm tonight. I hate waiting. 

It's freezing cold here too. I am actually looking forward to having 30 degree temps again, lol.

I hope your dd is feeling better soon. My son had a really bed headache 2 weeks ago. We thought it was a migraine but the doctor suspected sinus infection and put him on an antibiotic. He's been much better since.

Good luck with your results :)

Jillysmom
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Jillian has had a stomach bug the last two days and its only 7 degrees so it could be better however I know it could always be worse.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Quoting fammatthews4:

Week has been good so far.  DD started the second semester yesterday so 4 new classes, which meant lots of paperwork for me to sign last night.

Today I'm volunteering then not sure what else after that.  

Glad to hear you are having a good week. The HS that I work in just started their second semester. It's hard to believe they are already half way through the school year.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Quoting PurpleHazey:

unthaw our pipes!

Oh No! Did you get them unthawed?

Our pipes have made it through this low temps okay but the pipes to my washer (on a built on back porch, no insulation) have frozen. I had to take laundry to the laundromat this evening.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:32 PM

This should be an indicator of how my week has been, lol. So crazy I don't even know what the correct date is.

What is Pokeno?

Hope you have a great time on Saturday.

Quoting atlmom2:

Today is 1/23.   I am going to the grocery, buying a Pokeno gift for tomorrow and straigtening up my house for our party Saturday. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Working. Trying to stay warm.

My son has a hockey practice tonight, and it's kind of far away. I need to find something to do after dropping him off.

It's been really cold here too, I hate feeling chilled to the bone all the time.

Hope your son has a good practice and you find something to do :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)