Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

ACT/SAT

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:25 AM
  • 16 Replies

What is the time line for taking the ACT or SAT? I know kids often take them more then once. I have a friend who is having her sophomore daughter take it soon. That seems kind of early.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tammeee3
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:30 AM
my sophomore took the psat.. then we had a program from the school explaining the results and time table .. they suggested late fall of junior year to take it for the first time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Normally PSAT is Freshman or Sophomore year depending, ACT junior year, SAT senior year.  I'm sure there are exceptions though, and maybe your friend is planning on her daughter taking more than once?

PurpleHazey
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Sophomore here.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Depends. My dd took it 3 times. Well 4. Act and Sat spring junior year. Sept and Dec senior year Act 2 more times. She took tutoring sessions also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Here sophmores take the PSAT

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:30 AM

PSAT is fall junior year here but many take the SAT or ACT at the same time or winter junior year. 

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:35 AM

My DD will be taking PSAT in the fall as a sophomore. I am hoping she will be able to take a SAT prep class this summer and SATs at end of sophomore year or early junior year. That will give her plenty of time to retake them

vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM

My older 2 took the ACT (without writing) the spring of their freshman year in HS to get a baseline.  We didn't report the scores to any school.   They took again the spring of their junior years (this time with writing) and those scores were reported to colleges.

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM

SAT ...very early spring and late spring Junior

PSAT ...Freshman...didn't count  ,Sophomore...didn't count ,Junior ...counted

ACT...same as PSAT for practice and SAT for reporting

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:07 PM
My son is taking his in April. He's a Junior. His prep class starts the end of February
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)