Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD and BF showing a little more PDA than usual... Hubby weirded out ...

So my DD and her BF have been together about 3 months now, most of the time they are at our house just hanging out. Lately they have been showing more PDA than we as new parents to a teenager is accustomed to... especially my husband. They first started sitting closer and closer to each other while watching TV, then leaning on each other, now we sometimes see them giving each othe quick pecks. I can't tell you enough how weirded and uncomfortable my H is... he isn't mad per say, just that he said he doesn't necessarily wanna see it. Has anyone gone through this the first time, and what were you thinking when it did? This is my DD first "serious" BF, so he is more so exposed to us on a regular basis, especially since he comes along to family events too. 

The BF is a nice boy and I can't complain. He isn't being overly pushy on her, its just cute little displays of affection. Weird I guess cause my H doesn't see her as anything past the age of 5. girl giving flower

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
CrazyLife1996
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM
My husband is the same way about our daughters and the boyfriend.

It's a daddy thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine doesn't like it, and they aren't teens anymore, so they just don't do it when dad is around. It's a matter of respect for him that they keep it very 'G'.

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with what you describe.If dad isn't adjusting well after a bit then maybe just out of respect for him they can cool it a bit.Maybe a little less PDA but not stop completely .Give dad a adjustment time.My husband kind of had to work out in his head she was growing up and kind of away.

DesignerMom1326
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I do have to keep reminding my DH that if he had forgotten, my mother used to tell me he and I used to do some excess PDA as well back in the day... ;) so its just OUR turn on this... He grins and says , "Yeah but now thats MY daughter!" ... LOL!

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I told barabell and altmom that she was a troll (she'd also posted in the same hour as that post about reading her daughter's diary) and at some point after they replied and spread on the word she deleted both the posts..

Quoting coug7099:

How old is she?

You need to set some ground rules. Explain to her that some things are not meant to be shared in front of one's parents (if she is old enough to be doing the things she is doing). If she is younger then you need to have a discussion with her about what girls at her age should/should not be doing. Feel happy that she isn't trying to hide her new sexual relationship from you.

Does anyone know what happened to the $20 bill post from last night?

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Handle it with humor.     I still get weirded out when my son and his girlfriend show PDA, lol.   That is my baby boy, ya know!      I deal with it by joking around.    "Are you two velcroed together?"   "Geez,  do we need more chairs?   If I knew his lap was that comfortable, I wouldn't have wasted money on all this furniture".   When serving dinner, I asked "Will you two be sharing a chair?  Perhaps you only need one plate and one fork, too?"

Joking takes the edge off and lets them know that I am a bit uncomfortable.

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I think it's normal for him to be weirded out lol.  He will get over it!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I could see my DH getting a little weirded out too, luckily we haven't had to deal with this yet.  

racheal241977
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:31 AM

My husband also got weirded out at first, he did get used to it after a while.. 

Me on the other hand I cried.. LOl

DesignerMom1326
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I suppose the first run in on this type of thing is always gonna be a bit awkward....after all they are our little ones .. I'm just glad they are keeping it PG than R, my DH would REALLY flip out then!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)