Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Need suggestions on cell phone for my daughter...14yrs old..

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hi all: Could someone suggest me which is the best cell phone plan for my 8th grade daughter?I am looking for lowest priced one.

Thanks

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Prepaid. I made mine wait till hs. It was for emergencies only. No texting, nothing. Just 20 calls a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Get a family plan and add a line (only voice) for $10 a month.

mommyintrain23
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Our 13 year old has an iPhone on our plan. Why? To add another line through Verizon, that was the free phone option. Than he gets unlimited texting and minutes, limited internet availability, for about the same as like a $40 prepaid plan would be.

ellinger03
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Straight talk....I love mine

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM

We use Virgin Mobile. $35/month unlimited data and text, limited talk (200-300) minutes/month, not exactly sure of the amount since we never use all the talk time, lol.

3mom627
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:24 PM

We just bought a T-Mobile unlocked phone for about $50 on Amazon. We had an old phone at home that we used the Sim card for. It has a camera, can text and a phone. There is no internet on it. The trouble with all the Smartphones is that they give them to you really cheap, with a 2 year agreement and then you end up paying a ton of money on your phone bill for all the features you have to have. If you already have a cell phone carrier, look into unlocked phones and buy one that you feel comfortable with.

3MOM627

have a nice day

Jillysmom
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Do you have a carrier now?

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My DD has the same plan with us through Verizon and has the iPhone, it was def the best deal as the 4th phone on the plan.

Quoting mommyintrain23:

Our 13 year old has an iPhone on our plan. Why? To add another line through Verizon, that was the free phone option. Than he gets unlimited texting and minutes, limited internet availability, for about the same as like a $40 prepaid plan would be.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM

MetroPCS. No contract, not prepaid and my boys are only $25 a month unlimited everything. No way of occuring additional charges.

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM

This is what my dd has now.  Its 300 minutes a month talk and unlimited text and web.  she's had several phones over the years and this is by far my favoirte. 

Quoting mumsy2three:

We use Virgin Mobile. $35/month unlimited data and text, limited talk (200-300) minutes/month, not exactly sure of the amount since we never use all the talk time, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)