Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wearing sports bra....

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM
  • 23 Replies

Hi, My daughter started wearing bra since a year and half now. She just turned 14. She doesn't like wearing the normal bras. She always wears the sports bras. Is it ok? Does anyone else came across this tendency in their teens?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
just_hc
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Is she well developed for her age?  My daughter will wear a bra and a sports bra to hide her boobs.

momof98and03
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM

She has not fully well developed, somewhere in the 50% stage.  She is physically very slim and weight is just average for her age.. While some of her friends even though not fully developed wear the under wire padded kind (came to know from their moms), mine wants to hide under the sports bras. Is it normal behavior?

KG34
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would it not be okay? I wore almost nothing but sports bras when I was a teen. Now I only wear them to work out. I don't see the harm in it.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM
If she's comfortable in them then just let it go for now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alik1983
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I am going through the exact same thing!  The only "problem" I'm coming across is that when she does wear "regular" bras (and she does without complaining), she just can't hook the back!  LOL!  I'm sure she'll use others when appropriate (I never thought mine would wear a formal strapless one, but she had to under her gown as she was homecoming princess last week).  Mine is 16 now and I'm trying to tell her it's time to be a "girl."  She's trying.  :) 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Sports bras are fine.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Mine never did except for tennis. It is fine. Victoria secret have some super cute sports bras. I was just there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
handy0318
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:52 PM

My daughter is fairly small breasted and she loves sports bras.  I don't mind her wearing them either because so many shirts and tops now are designed to show the bra and if she's wearing a sports bra it just looks like she's layering.  

wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I don't see anything wrong w/ wearing just sports bras. Heck, as an adult, I went through a phase where that was what I preferred and wore most of the time. If I could find more w/ a long enough shoulder strap, I'd still wear them most of the time b/c they fit my small boobs better.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I would think it's fine, most important thing is that she is covered and comfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)