Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

ACT Workkeys

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM
  • 8 Replies

My DD brought home a paper last week saying that she would be taking the ACT Workkeys test on Feb 11.  I've never heard of this before.  According to the paperwork it's for kids who have taken business intense classes, if they master a certain level on the test they will get an honor cord for it and a special certification.  Has anyone else's child/children taken this test or have you heard of it?  The only practice test I'm able to find is an online one on the ACT Workkeys website that costs $5. Practice workbooks are $15.  Does anyone know of practice tests or workbooks that don't cost so much?  I know $15 isn't bad but there are 3 components to the test and each has it's own workbook so that would be $45.  Any help guidance anyone can give us will be very much appreciated.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM

BUMP!

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Never heard of it, sorry.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:12 AM

BUMP!

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:21 AM
My seventh grader was able to take a practice ACT due to high state testing grade and consistent honor roll. The test was $ 75 dollars.

I would have totally done it for the price you mentioned, but I didn't do it here not only for the price, but it was sponsored by Columbia University and the literature eluded to ALOT of advertising so we opted out. For the price you have been offered, I would have totally done it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suesues
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM

heard of ACT for college entrance exam

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I was able to find more sample stuff online, she went through the samples and knows the stuff pretty good so I'm not going to worry about getting the practice test.  It was an online thing so I could DL it whenever I wanted, I just wanted to see more samples to decide if she even needed the practice test.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

My seventh grader was able to take a practice ACT due to high state testing grade and consistent honor roll. The test was $ 75 dollars.

I would have totally done it for the price you mentioned, but I didn't do it here not only for the price, but it was sponsored by Columbia University and the literature eluded to ALOT of advertising so we opted out. For the price you have been offered, I would have totally done it.

drfink
by Emily on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Had not heard of that.

I was going to sugest starting online.Depending on which of my kids we're  talking about some have only done the free stuff online and others have taken a course.I based it off how well they did on the online free tests. Some needed more ,some did not.

My theory is do what is needed for each kid.So we always start online.

Good luck to her.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I did end up finding more sample questions and she had no problems with them so I don't think she needs any more practice. I'm more concerned about it than she is I think :)

Quoting drfink:

Had not heard of that.

I was going to sugest starting online.Depending on which of my kids we're  talking about some have only done the free stuff online and others have taken a course.I based it off how well they did on the online free tests. Some needed more ,some did not.

My theory is do what is needed for each kid.So we always start online.

Good luck to her.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)