Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teen son failing Math/Geometry Do you CM's punish or get tutor/take things away-Your thoughts please

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey Cafe Mom's,

I'm trying to do this the best way I know how so my son can get his studies together for Math and start passing. He does borderline with the homework but when it comes to quizzes and tests  he fails them or gets a low grade. The teacher has already recommended tutoring and he has been going off and on and I can't seem to get them to tell me if he was really there but of course he tells me he was or tells me that there isn't tutoring certain days blah blah blah. I just checked the school's website and learned he failed his Geometry midterm and now the whole subject for the current marking period with a 61. He never fails anything and is a B & A student! 

There is regualr tutoring in the school but I think I am going to get a paid tutor as well for the weekends. He loves his xbox and facebook/instagram (ya'll know the teens!) I was wondering would it be effective if I pull that stuff away or limit his time on them and hire a tutor and give him a chance to turn this around??

Any ladies with tween/teen kids that have dealt with this before and what were things that worked for you and your child?

Many thanks!

Toshi

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Replies (31-31):
Toshi92
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks I'm too Blessed-and to the other moms out there who have replied as well.

I am going to take that advice-if you didnt go to tutoring that day No xbox!   Geesh-who knew it would be like this.  We love our children and we have to discipline them. The Bible has been helping me too-it says in there that we are to discipline them and that our children must have consequences when they do wrong and that we must teach them the way to go. Please check it out it helps to listen to the word of the Lord when Parenting. 

Discipline and consequences and no xbox and no ipads. lol Thanks ladies! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN