Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Report card - *Brag*

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 15 Replies

SO PROUD OF MY BOY! He's carrying a HEAVY LOAD with EIGHT classes.....GPA: 3.55!

OK - I don't know if anyone remembers, but at the start of the year, DS1 who is a freshman and has been homeschooled for the past 5 years decided he wanted to go to public school. That lasted 4 days...both he and I hated it and re-enrolled him in the Homeschool Charter school....

We got report cards last night....

A ~ Geometry

A ~ English

A ~ Health

A ~ Computer literacy/word processing,

A ~ Career education/small business management (running the student store, doing inventory & ordering, keeping the books, etc.)

A ~ PE (Karate)

B ~ Biology

C ~ Spanish 2 (The C is only because he dropped it back in November and he wanted partial credits instead of taking an F and failing so they let him take the mid-trem and that, with the work he had done, determined his overall grade) He is taking Japaneese this semester instead.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmother5946
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Congratulations! You must be so proud of him.
My daughter raised her GPA from 2.7 to 3.5 this quarter. She made honor roll too. She took Japanese too.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Congrats to your DD as well! That is a nice accomplishment! 

I'm dreading the Japanese. I told him if he gave up spanish - he is all on his own. I can help him with Spanish. I cant with Japanese.

Quoting proudmother5946:

Congratulations! You must be so proud of him.
My daughter raised her GPA from 2.7 to 3.5 this quarter. She made honor roll too. She took Japanese too.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

proudmother5946
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Why does he want to take Japanese? Will he have use for it? Dd had a choice of Spanish or Japanese. Her teacher raved to me about her natural talent for writing in Japanese. She got an A.
She will be a freshman next year and will probably take Japanese again. She really wants to learn French but they don't offer it.
She also takes Gung Fu and plays basketball.
So your kids are into scouting! That's great. My oldest brother made Eagle. We were all into scouting when we were younger. My dad was a cubscout leader, mom was a den mother. Inwent all the way to seniors. My dad was also a scout leader in Texas and Alaska. Dd was a scout too.
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Congrats to him!

My son is struggling some this year. I hope he adjusts to changing classes and having advanced classes before starting high school.

proudmother5946
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:34 PM
My dd is already trying to decide on what college she wants to go to! All the schools she's interested in are on the east coast. I'm thinking my little girl can't go that far away from me! But I know it's still 4 or 5 years away. She'll be much more mature by then (I hope).
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Congrats to him!

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Lookin' good!

annie2244
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I have a kid who is in all advanced classes and gets all A's, lovely little load of extracurriculars, is gorgeous and unpretentious.

I don't consider this my proud shining parenting moment. She's a great kid who was lucky enough to be born with stellar gray matter, a naturally skinny build, great hair,an easy going personality, and has a strong work ethic and self discipline. It's all her. She takes no parenting finesse. Bragging about her easy attainment of the markers of success in life seems silly and annoyiing.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I guess, you wouldn't understand since you haven't had to struggle and help your child.

My DS works hard and I'm proud of the effort he is making despite a lot of issues in our lives right now. As hard as that is, it gives us something to bond over and i love it.  I will take that over easy sailing any day!

Quoting annie2244:

I have a kid who is in all advanced classes and gets all A's, lovely little load of extracurriculars, is gorgeous and unpretentious.

I don't consider this my proud shining parenting moment. She's a great kid who was lucky enough to be born with stellar gray matter, a naturally skinny build, great hair,an easy going personality, and has a strong work ethic and self discipline. It's all her. She takes no parenting finesse. Bragging about her easy attainment of the markers of success in life seems silly and annoyiing.

bribren
by Brenda on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Why do you feel the need to comment. I think it is disrespectful to bash someone who is proud of their child. If you find it annoying don't open the post. The title says report card brag if that bothers you walk away and go on to the next post. Don't try to make someone feel less about their child because your daughter hit the genetic lottery. I think it's wonderful that she is proud of her son.  

Quoting annie2244:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)