Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

my daughter the bobble head

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 9 Replies

Poor kid got all 4 wisdom teeth pulled monday.  She is in so much pain and so swollen.  She can not keep anything down and is 6lbs lighter than she was last week but with a HUGE face.  She looks like a living bobble head.

Anyone else have a teen whoes wisdom teeth were pulled?  How long till they function normally?  semi-normally even?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Poor thing : (  Hope she recovers quickly.

Ds1 isn't even 14 yet, so too young to wisdom teeth, I still have all 4 of mine, and I'm pretty sure my sister does, too. My bff had hers out, but I don't remember how long she took to recover.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM
My DD was much better after about 4 days. I on the other hand had mine done in June and it took me a whole 2 weeks. My DD never bruised but I did so have her be aware that bruising can happen within a week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I had my wisdom teeth out and that didn't happen to me!  I've never seen someone that swollen after a week.  I think it's time to call the dentist back and find out what's going on.  Sounds like she might have gotten an infection

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Not a week, only a day and a half

Quoting fantasticfour:

I had my wisdom teeth out and that didn't happen to me!  I've never seen someone that swollen after a week.  I think it's time to call the dentist back and find out what's going on.  Sounds like she might have gotten an infection

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:49 PM
My Dd had hers out 18 months ago and it took the better part of a month to fully be able to eat. Now the swelling wasn't so much the issue as was the eating and the pain.I used an ICEMAN and rigged it to keep her face wrapped verse my shoulder . Watch for infection as and if the swelling goes down and them comes back get it checked. There is also a thing called dry socket which is very very painful. Keep icing the face and useing pain killers it takes a long time to be functioning normal again. I feel for her as I had had mine done many yrs ago and still remember the horror of it
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM

ok Sorry my days are all screwed up.

Quoting sahlady:

Not a week, only a day and a half

Quoting fantasticfour:

handy0318
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM

My kids haven't gone through this, but I well remember having this happening to me.  I was called "pumpkinhead" for awhile and it was really a miserable time, so I truly feel for the poor thing.  I wound up going back to the dentist.  I was put on some medication that helped with the pain and nausea.  

You might also check with your pharmacist to see if they have popsicles with otc pain reliever... I also had a lot of good old 7/11 Slurpee's...the ice helped sooth the pain and at least I kept hydrated. 

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Oh no I would call the dentiest. I had all 4 of mine pulled the same time an then a tattoo the same day. I was eating ,nursing an every thing normally with just tylenol the whole first day.

Call incase she has a dry socket or sockets ... or infection or allergy to pain meds.

Good luck hun

SuperLooneyMom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM
My kids not yet. Me I had two left sides taken out as one of them caused a back molar to collapse. I still have the other two embedded and one of them sitting sideways. I will eventually get them out but plan on taking a week off work to recuperate. Last time I went to work the next day and had issues with sleep meds and pain meds. I ended up just using 800mg ibu. Swelling is normal for the first few days. Icing a little on the cheek helps, refraining to eat hard food was never an option. I was on soup and liquid diet. In fact no ice water or ice cream just in case of additional pain.

Hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)