Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

senior pranks?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM
  • 23 Replies

Is there a tradition at your child's high school?

At our kids' school the seniors pick a day near the end of school and all show up early and park side ways to fill the lot.  Annoying, but harmless.

They also sent a mass text to the freshman class that at 12 something, during lunch everyone in the school was going to lay down on the ground as a joke on the teachers.  In reality the only ones who laid down were freshman.... jokes on them.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:53 AM
No, just put they are banned. I have no use. Think they are dumb. We never did any.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM

we did.  we had a senior lawn that got decorated every year.  the school was fine with it.

however, in hind sight I can see how the clean up and trash would be an expense for the school.

Quoting atlmom2:

We never did any.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I don't know how common it is here I guess it just depends on the class. I remember a few years ago driving the kids to school and seeing plastic forks in the school lawn so assumed it was a senior prank. My son graduated last year and I never saw or heard of anything. I do know I've never seen anything put out from the school about them being banned so maybe it's just not a big thing here b
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ellinger03
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I have not heard of any at my son's school

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Reason schools totally ban them is because kids push the envelope more and more these days. Also because kids on school property after dark can get hurt and parents would be more than happy to sue even though their kids were trespassing. Kids here at a school 30 min away put a swingset on the roof. What if they fell off. Kids fault, yes. Parents sue and win? Yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM

They are not very popular here.    Some years the seniors do something, but not always.....or I just don't hear about it.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Senior prank week isn't practiced here, but we had a blast with it at my high school.  We covered the principal's car in post it notes (we knew better than to damage the car) one year.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM

There have been senior pranks at the school but nothing that is tradition.

bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Yes my kids highschool loives for the senior pranks. They suran wrapped the coaches car one yr. The yr my Dd graduated they made the gym a beach for the day because the principal's favourite line was this is school not a beach so wear approiate clothes. There was the yr my number 2 graduated that they made one of the English teachers think her car was stolen. Her son went to the achool so he had moved the car to the students lot and when she looked out her class window the car was gone. Can't think of anymore right nowbut they are tradition at thier school

handy0318
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:15 PM

One year a full sized blow-up sex doll wound up in our coach's convertable.  Another year, a vice-principal's VW bug was carried off the parking lot and put in the middle of the quad...still can't figure out how the senior's pulled that off without anyone catching them and I was taking classes on the parking lot side of the building that morning.

We colluded with the student office help and wound up getting school dismissed a half hour early one day. The principal threated police involvement due to the fact that documents were indeed forged...but we knew he was just blowing steam, nobody was punished. The funny thing about it, the girl whose brain-child it was, well she was the "good girl" who was valedictorian of our class, had 100% attendence for 12 years of school and all that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN