Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do you kill spiders for your children?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 59 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you kill bugs for your children?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

They kill bugs for ME!

We catch and release

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

Today I refused to kill a spider in my daughters room! I want her to learn how to do it herself. She will soon be a grown woman, and I think she needs to be able to kill her own spiders! Or am I wrong about this?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Ds1 is willing to kill smaller ones himself, but calls me or dh for the bigger ones. I still kill them for the younger 2.

I didn't kill bugs on my own unless I absolutely had to- like I was the only one home at the time- until I moved out and had no choice b/c I was the only one to do it. I still prefer to have dh kill the bigger ones : )

sahlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM

laughingi dont remember last time this came up.  maybe they are killing them and just not telling me about it.

kristinen
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM

If its really necessary

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM
If she wouldn't I would. She can't stand them as much as I can't so if she's on her own one day I'm sure she will manage to do so by herself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenna30
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM

your both arachnophobes?

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

If she wouldn't I would. She can't stand them as much as I can't so if she's on her own one day I'm sure she will manage to do so by herself

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Is she afraid of spiders.....or just grossed out?     If she is truly afraid....kill them for her, as she may be incapable of doing it herself.       I am deathly afraid of spiders....any and all spiders.   It is a phobia.   I can not force myself to get close enough to most spiders to kill them....... I will spray ANYTHING on them...Raid, Hairspray, Air Freshener.....anything I can use from a distance.

My sons kill them for me :)

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Both of us def!

Quoting jenna30:

your both arachnophobes?

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deloit
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
im terrified of spiders.my boys kill them for me.they think it is hilarious to make me think there is a spider somewhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I called my mom from a closet once, with my newborn cause there was a bee in my house, and I stayed there till she rescued me lol

Is she genuinely afraid or just being a bonehead. If the fear is real then this is not the moment to be making her 'man-up'.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM

My teen will kills spiders/bugs herself. I sometimes have to kill them for my sons (10 and 7 y/o), sometimes my dd will kill them for her brothers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)