Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you kill spiders for your children?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you kill bugs for your children?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

They kill bugs for ME!

We catch and release

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

Today I refused to kill a spider in my daughters room! I want her to learn how to do it herself. She will soon be a grown woman, and I think she needs to be able to kill her own spiders! Or am I wrong about this?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
kristinen
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM

How old is dd?

Quoting mumsy2three:

My teen will kills spiders/bugs herself. I sometimes have to kill them for my sons (10 and 7 y/o), sometimes my dd will kill them for her brothers.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM

She's 19

Quoting kristinen:

How old is dd?

Quoting mumsy2three:

My teen will kills spiders/bugs herself. I sometimes have to kill them for my sons (10 and 7 y/o), sometimes my dd will kill them for her brothers.

kristinen
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Has she always killed her own spiders or is this something she has started doing when she got older?

Quoting mumsy2three:

She's 19

Quoting kristinen:

How old is dd?

Quoting mumsy2three:

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I want to say she was squishing her own spiders by pre to early teen age. We live in the country so bugs and spiders are a given around here. The spiders we make hubby kill, if he's home, are the big gross furry wolf spiders. Yuck~ they make all of us cringe, lol.

If the spider/bug is outside we leave it alone, but if it's in the house it's dead, lol. I don't like spiders/bugs.

Quoting kristinen:

Has she always killed her own spiders or is this something she has started doing when she got older?

Quoting mumsy2three:

She's 19

Quoting kristinen:

How old is dd?

Quoting mumsy2three:

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM
No. All of us use the spray.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bribren
by Brenda on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:11 PM

They catch and release. I kill so usually they won't even tell me because they have soft hearts for spiders.

02nana07
by Ida on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM

If they see a spider they kill it

jenna30
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Are u afraid of them? How do you kill them?

Quoting bribren:

They catch and release. I kill so usually they won't even tell me because they have soft hearts for spiders.

bribren
by Brenda on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I'm not afraid I just don't like them in my house. Smashing them is my method of choice. LOL

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

jenna30
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM
But why dont u release them too? And do u smash with a napkin?

Quoting bribren:

I'm not afraid I just don't like them in my house. Smashing them is my method of choice. LOL

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)