Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do you kill spiders for your children?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you kill bugs for your children?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

They kill bugs for ME!

We catch and release

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

Today I refused to kill a spider in my daughters room! I want her to learn how to do it herself. She will soon be a grown woman, and I think she needs to be able to kill her own spiders! Or am I wrong about this?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Replies (21-30):
bribren
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I did when they were little and they would beg for the spiders life. It was a way for me to get them to do their own dirty work. I use a napkin and in the trash it goes I don't have time to be chasing spiders with a cup so it can come back in two days.

Quoting jenna30:

But why dont u release them too? And do u smash with a napkin?

Quoting bribren:

I'm not afraid I just don't like them in my house. Smashing them is my method of choice. LOL

Quoting jenna30:

Are u afraid of them? How do you kill them?

Quoting bribren:

They catch and release. I kill so usually they won't even tell me because they have soft hearts for spiders.

Cochise
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Yes I do .. I also kill them for my husband lol 

jenna30
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM
What about your husband, does he kill them too?

Quoting bribren:

I did when they were little and they would beg for the spiders life. It was a way for me to get them to do their own dirty work. I use a napkin and in the trash it goes I don't have time to be chasing spiders with a cup so it can come back in two days.

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

I'm not afraid I just don't like them in my house. Smashing them is my method of choice. LOL

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

They catch and release. I kill so usually they won't even tell me because they have soft hearts for spiders.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenna30
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM
How do u kill them?

Quoting Cochise:

bribren
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM

He's a catch and release too. It's in his culture not to kill spiders. It is considered bad luck.

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

jenna30
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM
What culture is it your husband have? What do they say about your 'murders'?

Quoting bribren:

He's a catch and release too. It's in his culture not to kill spiders. It is considered bad luck.

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

bribren
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:58 PM

My husband and children are Native American spiders are considered to be intelligent and skillful. There are many uses for spiders webs I on the other hand am not NA so I have no qualms about killing spiders.

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Cochise
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Either a shoe or a tissue ... squish !!! I just killed a small spider this morning in my bathroom.. I looked at him for a few moments thinking to myself he doesn't have long to live and he doesn't even know it. I felt like the mean giant that was gonna get him .. I had to tell myself bugs don't belong in the house...and what if it bit my daughter ect.     Seconds later ... squish !! 

Quoting jenna30:

How do u kill them?

Quoting Cochise:

jenna30
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:02 PM
What ancestry do u come from?;-)

Quoting bribren:

My husband and children are Native American spiders are considered to be intelligent and skillful. There are many uses for spiders webs I on the other hand am not NA so I have no qualms about killing spiders.

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

jenna30
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Cant u just take them outside? Do u flush after u squish or do u just put it in the trash?

Quoting Cochise:

Either a shoe or a tissue ... squish !!! I just killed a small spider this morning in my bathroom.. I looked at him for a few moments thinking to myself he doesn't have long to live and he doesn't even know it. I felt like the mean giant that was gonna get him .. I had to tell myself bugs don't belong in the house...and what if it bit my daughter ect.     Seconds later ... squish !! 

Quoting jenna30:

How do u kill them?

Quoting Cochise:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)