Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you kill spiders for your children?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you kill bugs for your children?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

They kill bugs for ME!

We catch and release

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

Today I refused to kill a spider in my daughters room! I want her to learn how to do it herself. She will soon be a grown woman, and I think she needs to be able to kill her own spiders! Or am I wrong about this?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Replies (31-40):
bribren
by Brenda on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Total white girl from the south were bugs/spiders are bugs and the deader the better. LOL

Quoting jenna30:

What ancestry do u come from?;-)

Quoting bribren:

My husband and children are Native American spiders are considered to be intelligent and skillful. There are many uses for spiders webs I on the other hand am not NA so I have no qualms about killing spiders.

Quoting jenna30:

What culture is it your husband have? What do they say about your 'murders'?

Quoting bribren:

He's a catch and release too. It's in his culture not to kill spiders. It is considered bad luck.

Quoting jenna30:

What about your husband, does he kill them too?

Quoting bribren:

I did when they were little and they would beg for the spiders life. It was a way for me to get them to do their own dirty work. I use a napkin and in the trash it goes I don't have time to be chasing spiders with a cup so it can come back in two days.

Quoting jenna30:

But why dont u release them too? And do u smash with a napkin?

Quoting bribren:

I'm not afraid I just don't like them in my house. Smashing them is my method of choice. LOL

Quoting jenna30:

Are u afraid of them? How do you kill them?

Quoting bribren:

They catch and release. I kill so usually they won't even tell me because they have soft hearts for spiders.

jenna30
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Thought so;-) . Do you get irritated on your family because they have such bleeding hearts?

Quoting bribren:

Total white girl from the south were bugs/spiders are bugs and the deader the better. LOL

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

My husband and children are Native American spiders are considered to be intelligent and skillful. There are many uses for spiders webs I on the other hand am not NA so I have no qualms about killing spiders.

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

He's a catch and release too. It's in his culture not to kill spiders. It is considered bad luck.

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

I did when they were little and they would beg for the spiders life. It was a way for me to get them to do their own dirty work. I use a napkin and in the trash it goes I don't have time to be chasing spiders with a cup so it can come back in two days.

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

I'm not afraid I just don't like them in my house. Smashing them is my method of choice. LOL

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

They catch and release. I kill so usually they won't even tell me because they have soft hearts for spiders.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I voted No...but it's really, "Not anymore." They are all old enough to do so now...even my 9yo.

3lilladies81
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM
My 10 year old dd kills them for me lol I'm a total arachnophobe.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bribren
by Brenda on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Naw it doesn't bother me. I love them even though they are spider lovers;-) To each their own if you want to waste time chasing a spider all I can say is you better be quicker that me cause if I get there first it's DOA...LOL

Quoting jenna30:

Thought so;-) . Do you get irritated on your family because they have such bleeding hearts?

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting bribren:

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Whats with all the questions about how they are killed? We leave them alone for the most part, the only ones that are catch and release are stink bugs and that's because if squished they stink.

Ewa101
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:19 AM

It's every man/woman for him/herself in this household, with me pretending mostly I don't see any bugs.

jenna30
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:15 AM

big smile mini

Quoting Ewa101:

It's every man/woman for him/herself in this household, with me pretending mostly I don't see any bugs.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:54 AM

They kill them for me!

mamabear0791
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM

We catch and release when we can, but my dd is still frightfully afraid of camel crickets so we're working on that. We want her to be able to do it herself when she is away lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)