Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do you kill spiders for your children?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you kill bugs for your children?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

They kill bugs for ME!

We catch and release

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

Today I refused to kill a spider in my daughters room! I want her to learn how to do it herself. She will soon be a grown woman, and I think she needs to be able to kill her own spiders! Or am I wrong about this?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Replies (51-59):
squeekers
12-27-14 overnight temps.
Today at 4:42 AM
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM

dd and i kill them to get my dh off the couch screaming, "kill it kill it!"

jenna30
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM

haha, how do u kill them then, you and dd? Napkin squish or fly swatter? And how old is your dd?

Quoting squeekers:

dd and i kill them to get my dh off the couch screaming, "kill it kill it!"

jenna30
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM

haha, "hate hate hate". How do u kill them if your that scared? And dont u think it´s even better to learn him to trap the bug in a jar or glass and carry it outside? ;)

Acalhoun
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM

My DH does most of the spider killing around the house.  I used to kill them myself when I was a kid, but I would use a whole handful of tissues so I wouldn't have to feel them crunch or squish.

Today, it depends on the situation.  If the situation allows it - I catch and release.  At work we catch and release.  If it's a spider I don't even want to go near - I call DH.

Oldest DD kills bugs all the time, but she lives in the basement and her cat doesn't kill bugs - just plays with them. lol

jenna30
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Where do you work?

Quoting Acalhoun:

My DH does most of the spider killing around the house.  I used to kill them myself when I was a kid, but I would use a whole handful of tissues so I wouldn't have to feel them crunch or squish.

Today, it depends on the situation.  If the situation allows it - I catch and release.  At work we catch and release.  If it's a spider I don't even want to go near - I call DH.

Oldest DD kills bugs all the time, but she lives in the basement and her cat doesn't kill bugs - just plays with them. lol

Acalhoun
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM

In the office of a small manufacturing plant.  Bugs wander in when we leave the doors open during the summer. 

Quoting jenna30:

Where do you work?

Quoting Acalhoun:

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM

There needs to be a "oh hell no" option in the poll. 

Summersnowflake
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:49 AM

My husband and i usually do all the bug catching.  I have 3 boys and they won't go near any bugs unless they are super tiny.  I usually catch and release the bugs unless they're dangerous and then i have to kill them unfortunately.  I wish my kids weren't so nervous around them.

jenna30
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM

big smile mini

Quoting LuckyMom822:

There needs to be a "oh hell no" option in the poll. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN